Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From today's Irish Independent:

No Shaggy Dog Story as Terrier finds his way Home after 2 Years

A FAMILY were celebrating yesterday after their Tibetan terrier who went missing almost two years ago made his way back to the family home.

Eleven-year-old Arnie, who was named after former movie star Arnold Schwarzenegger, disappeared from the garden of his home in Killeens, near Bantry, Co Cork, 21 months ago. His owner Gillian Singleton said she believes the terrier was stolen for breeding purposes.

Last night, she spoke of her joy that the family pet was back where he belongs.

"He knows he is home; he is absolutely delighted."

Recalling the day he went missing, she said one minute her "happy, beautifully groomed dog" was out playing in the garden and the next he was gone.

Gillian's children David (9) and Emily (6) were devastated following the disappearance of their dog and immediately carried out a full-scale search for him.

They travelled across the county looking for him and contacted dog wardens and local animal homes.

Eventually, their search led them to rescue another dog called Lucky who was at death's door when they brought him home. He subsequently recovered and joined the family cat at the Singleton's home.

Last week, Gillian and her husband Diarmuid were on a family holiday in Portugal when they were contacted by Gillian's mother, who said that a neighbour had seen a dog resembling Arnie hanging about outside the family home.

When Gillian's family members went to investigate they realised that it was Arnie. However, he was in bad shape having lost considerable weight.

Mrs Singleton admitted they were sad at the treatment he had received at the hands of whoever stole him.

"I don't know who had him or where he was for the last 21 months. I am telling this story so that people who have lost dogs will have hope."

He was introduced to Lucky over the weekend and the pair were getting on well in spite of a bit of healthy competition about who was the top dog. Mrs Singleton paid tribute to the work of volunteers at animal shelters.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Lovely story - i can't even imagine how heart broken and angry i'd be if someone stole my dog...nice to hear a happy ending :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts