Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Animal Rescue ideas

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
this isn't boxer related, but i have found 2 boxers at our local pound, so you never know what will be there on a daily basis.

there is a new animal rescue group in town (all breed) and i take pictures for them on tuesdays at the pound and started a craigslist ad that i update 3x a week with new pictures that volunteers take.

i gotten alot of email responses to my ad and the prez of the rescue in town says their website is getting alot of hits from ppl interested in the dogs at the pound.

may be something you guys could do locally to spread the word to save a few animals?

#5 ·
I just double-checked ours...they are all on Petfinder! YAY! (My mom just adopted a kitty she named Simba from the Kitsap County Animal Shelter!) Dianne, it's so great that you're taking and posting those pictures!  Are yours on Petfinder, too?   =D> Good job, Grammie!!!

G
#7 ·
i don't know if they're on petfinders, but i'll ask the rescue.  that's a great idea!

they just recently put up a make shift website for their rescue.  they have meetings monthly at city hall  and are going to be instrumental in getting the town to build a no kill shelter.

here's their website:

http://www.arcshawnee.org/

lol i haven't even made it to one of their meetings yet, but i can do alot for them online and email ;-)

i love being productive from the seat of my pants on the couch  =))

G
#8 ·
ps - i want one of those little gray kitties for a downstairs cat!!!  2 cats live upstairs w/my son and his g/f and vetty and thor only get 'visitation'.

they need their own kitty baby downstairs!!!  and we could use a mouser down here in this old house ;)

G
#10 ·
laura11982\";p=\"119615 said:
it would simply break my heart each time.  But if it means a baby finds a home, then it's worth it!   :D
yep :cry:  i keep forgetting to bring my home baked cookies.  i'm going to take pics tommorow and i have a fresh batch of cookies from the oven last night for them this time.

at least i'll feel like i can do SOMETHING to help those poor babies.  i put my finger up to each one of them and they just want to lick me to death.  they are in such need of attention.  it's so sad to see someones pet warehoused in a cell  :cry:

G
#13 ·
new rescue baby was spayed yesterday and still feeling bad.  we also found out she is deaf, but so smart.  so smart it took us 4 days (?) to realize she is deaf!

someone on craiglist keeps flagging my animal shelter ad!  so i posted it in lost and found and the byb's seem to think i've left ;)

here's this weeks mid week pics:

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/laf/679112765.html

i ran out of cookies fast!  hard to believe the owners of all those beautiful babies aren't looking for them!

big duh me, i finally figured out i should be watching the local lost and found ads in our paper!  i asked the shelter and they said they look daily too and call potential lost owners.  owners will place ads in the paper and don't think to call animal control  :?:  :?:  :!:

i was happy to see the dauchshund, little pups and a brown mix are still there from last week!

i also started placing ads on dog detective for the pure breeds because they are more identifiable.

ps - the dogs that were still there from last week remembered me!! haha the cookie lady :)

that first dog (mix) was still shaking like a leaf, but this time she came up to me shakes and all and took the cookie and licked my finger.  i give them all at least 4 passes by their cage and lovins visit before i leave ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.