Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in my house!!! :D well, in the future anyway.i got my hubby to agree to get another one.we will be moving out of here in about a year and i know these things take time.i just have alot of questions.i want to find a good reputable breeder in my area.i have looked but almost all them raised red flags.what i mean by that is "puppies for sale!" is the first thing you see on some of the home pages, or black boxers(don't even get me started).or too many litters from one mama.i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, or anyone they would recommend.i was also wondering when i should "officially" start the process, i think that it is usually one litter per year that reputable breeders do,(correct me if i am wrong).thanks in advance everyone and sorry for so many questions!! :roll:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Congrats on convincing the hubby you're family isn't complete yet!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Congrats! Just wanted to say start your searching now cause any good reputable breeder will have a waiting list. The breeder I got Brodi from I was put on the waiting list back in Jan of last year and completely forgot about her until she called me. I can't tell you how much better I felt knowing I could go meet the breeder and the parents because with Chloe we never got to do any of that. Ask tons of questions and let your first question be if they health test the parents and if they don't just politely end the call and don't bother wasting anymore of your time with them. When you do come across a breeder that does do health testing ask to see proof both in black and white and the name and number of the vet who did it so you can verify everything. A good breeder would be happy to give you all that info and won't hesitate for a minute when you do ask. Also there is a website where you can check for health testing that has been done on the parents OFA  Good luck !!  :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
sumyasmom\";p=\"90931 said:
in my house!!! :D well, in the future anyway.i got my hubby to agree to get another one.we will be moving out of here in about a year and i know these things take time.i just have alot of questions.i want to find a good reputable breeder in my area.i have looked but almost all them raised red flags.what i mean by that is "puppies for sale!" is the first thing you see on some of the home pages, or black boxers(don't even get me started).or too many litters from one mama.i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, or anyone they would recommend.i was also wondering when i should "officially" start the process, i think that it is usually one litter per year that reputable breeders do,(correct me if i am wrong).thanks in advance everyone and sorry for so many questions!! :roll:
Oh, I am so happy for you.  I know that Jessie (Nexu) went through a search recently and got Lenny through a breeder in Chicago.  You might want to pm him and maybe he could give you some ideas.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Whoot! How exciting for you! It didn't take too much convincing for my hubby... as much as he hates to admit it, he's a dog lover & Prada's chewbacca noises melt his heart! *hehe* Now we'll soon have two!

But before I came across Cindi & Reeko, I too was on a search for my next pup. I spent months looking & only found maybe one or two breeders that I was content with. So, like others have said - start your search right away.... and the best advice I can give you is... don't try to go after the 1st cute face you see. REALLY do your research & eventually, before you know it, the right pup will come to you. I made the mistake of always looking @ the available puppies - bad idea! *lol*

Good luck to you!!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Congrats that is exciting.  I knew of some breeders on the other side of Iowa, if I find their info I will send it to you.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Congrats !!!  There are some great litters on the ground as well as some coming.

I always look at www.pro-boxers.com   the end of the page has some litters.  Also check out her links page.  There are also a great list of show breeders in the US.  Just like any list, double check to make sure they health test, just because they are listed as reputable, does not necessarily mean they are responsible.  Also www.infodog.com look at upcoming shows.   Attending a show is a great way to find a breeder and the lines you like.  Seeing them all in person is a great way to make some connections.  

PM me if you need any help.   Always great to research each breeder and get to know them!!  Congrats on take the right way to find you next pup!!   :thumbup:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Woo Hoo, that is great Rebecca!!! I do think it's good to start early, sometimes a mating won't take for whatever reason(that happened to me), so yes, start now, interview breeders, ask questions and go to shows too...I'm soo excited for you!! It does get frustrating, but when you find the right one, well worth the wait

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Congrats on making a great decision on adding another boxer to your family in the future!

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks everyone!! i am sooo psyched! i don't know whether i want a male or female or what markings/color... i am not ruling anything out at this point. i just figure i can take my time and whatever happens.... happens :D i am also very glad to able to "do it right" this time.i so glad to have found this place, now i know what to look for and i can spot a backyard breeder a mile away!so goes the search.. if anyone has any suggestions at all i am open to anything! thanks so much everyone!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I am sooooooooooo jealous...we are waiting to find out if my parents are moving if they do I am taking their boxer, if they arent I want a puppy...........boooooooooooooo  I am sooooooo jealous

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[quote="LETTE\";p=\"91284":16jd17zx]I am sooooooooooo jealous...we are waiting to find out if my parents are moving if they do I am taking their boxer, if they arent I want a puppy...........boooooooooooooo

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I want another  :cry:   I have a friend breeder in Maryland who has the most adorable brindle boy with the blackest mask - soooooo nooootttt fair.   Now if I can trade in husband for two boxer pups - now we are talking - ha ha ha ha

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[quote="Britneysdad\";p=\"91291":1qbut2b7]Awesome Rebecca - I know you have been wanting your second for sometime and now hubby agrees that is perfect :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Congrats Rebecca, I'm sure Sumya will be happy to have a buddy to play with...I think it's a great idea to start your search early that way you will get exactly what you want...I've also started looking for another boxer and plan on getting one this summer sometime..will probably turn into Gaby's b-day present :)

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GabysDaddy\";p=\"91302 said:
Congrats Rebecca, I'm sure Sumya will be happy to have a buddy to play with...I think it's a great idea to start your search early that way you will get exactly what you want...I've also started looking for another boxer and plan on getting one this summer sometime..will probably turn into Gaby's b-day present :)
gaby's birthday present?? are you sure it is for gaby?? j/k!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts