Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Group,

There is a 6 yr. old male boxer currently at our local shelter in Charleston, WV.. He was brought in as a stray and his family just decided they didn't want him, nor could they care for him, sooo, should we add yet another one to our collection? :lol: We're planning on going up to the shelter tomorrow to give him a look, whats your guys opinion?

Chase

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
i mean do u want us to say no cuz when it comes to boxers... the more the merrier

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe, yeah, I figured that what's what I'd hear.. I was just worried that maybe a third boxer is too much, seems like everyone on here has one or two..

Chase

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
i mean can u afford it cuz if so, i dont see why u cant take lol.  Your fam would be perfect as long as they all get along

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Two is my limit right now only because I don't have the room or the time for 3 but someday??????  :)

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I so want another but the bf says no no no!   :roll:   I think if you can afford it, have the room, and everyone gets along go for it!

·
Registered
933 Posts
I say if you can afford it and can handle one more then go for it!  I have 3 and so far, so good...ha ha ha!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have 3 and wanting so badly to add another....They are a handful and a pain at times but at the end of the day how could you not love them.... Good luck...

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I say if you can afford to have a third and you have the room for a third go ahead and do it. We brought Samson home just under a month ago and he was our third, and i would make that decision again in a heart beat. I was sooo worried at first i wouldnt be able to get him and when the final plan was made to pick him up i just couldnt sleep!! Good luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
482 Posts
You've got to! That poor baby needs an amazing home! I always try to get my friends to adopt dogs, it's funny because they'll be like "Oh I love this dog so much" and I always reply... "well I hear he is looking for a home..." and then heavy sigh.  The older the dog is the harder it is to find a home.  Usually people get cautious when the dog is over 5 (I use to work at a shelter) They only thing I would worry about is the mental scars from living with a not so great family.  That's always the gamble with shelter dogs.  Have you met him? Have your other boxers met him?  I really want to adopt another boxer from a shelter but we can only have 2 dogs in our apartment :( I feel guilty for getting Dezi from a breeder.  I'd say do it! It'll be amazing!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Well, I'm no help as we are waiting for #3 to come home :) If you don't have any major issues with your 2, and have the time, etc, I say take yours with you to shelter and do a meet and see how it goes..... :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for the replies, you talked us into going up there and looking, however, we gave them one quick call to make sure he was still there, and they replied with " I'm sorry, but no, he was adopted yesterday ".. We were a bit upset, but oh well, maybe it wasn't meant to happen? :(

Chase

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Awww, that's too bad, but hoping he went to a great home..Yours is still out there then, just waiting for you :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts