Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was watching the news when they were talking about a pit that got shot. I personally have a pit and he's a very friendly dog. This boy gets along with anything. Well wat happen was police were dispatched to a domestic violence call but were given the wrong adress. When the deputy showed up the dog was outside playing with it's owner and the dog started walking towards the cop and the cop shot the dog for his safety. I feel for the owner to loose her dog like that.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I am with stiflersmom on the - "WTF"???? The cop shot the dog because it was walking towards it? OMG, these cops that keep shooting dogs, there needs to be a line between when it is okay to shoot the dog for your saftey or whatever the reason may be and a line when there actions are just completely and down right insane. Why do these cops keep shooting dogs especially when most of the time the dog is not in any way being aggressive?????

·
Registered
248 Posts
A dear friend of ours is a cop and I am going to ask him how they are trained to deal with dogs. If they are attacking I understand shooting, but being killed because he is a breed with a bad rap......It irritates me. I will post what info I get on the subject from a cops perspective.

·
Registered
453 Posts
WTF? The dog was just being a dog for crying out loud!

A stranger comes to the property (albeit a cop but a stranger nonetheless) and the dog goes out to check the person out.

My dogs approach people all the time; they sniff and walk away. If they don't like someone they let me know about.

These stories scare the crap out of me; I had a cop come to my door to investigate a 911 call and my dogs all ran out. Good thing she was cool with it and none of my dogs were shot.

Geez!!!!!!!!! Poor dog gets greeted with a shot to the head! And all it wanted to do was sniff - most likely.

·
Registered
248 Posts
my friend said that they are trained to deal with dogs and shooting is only for appropriate situations. But he did say you always have the cops that don't think or care how they are trained.

·
Registered
117 Posts
We had two cops come to our door one day and our dogs did run out. One of the cops looked nervous and did put his hand on his pistol. But once he noticed they were just wiggling and sniffing, he relaxed, but he did not take his hand off his pistol. I will certainly be more careful in the future. FYI, they were looking for the neighbor!

·
Banned
543 Posts
My brother was a cop in San Diego before we moved.
They are not supposed to shoot-be it animal or person- unless they have reason to believe their life is put in real danger.
I have not read or seen this story, but if the dog simply approached, this is one of the most bull crap stories I have ever heard.
The cops that do crap like this are egotistical maniacs, and it pisses me off that they hide behind their badge to get away with MURDER. :evil: :evil: :evil:
The day a cop shoots my dog on my property for doing nothing wrong, is the day I get 50 years-life. You all can figure tha one out.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
contagious19 said:
Yea it is sad. I plan on being a deputy sheriff and I won't shoot a dog unless I know it's going to attack me
Well, I hope you wouldn't shoot it if you were in no real danger...as you could get in your vehicle, etc. I understand shooting the dog if you have no way out of danger but to shoot it.

This is downright scarey....I hope and pray it never happens to any of my dogs...

I don't think there was a link....it was on the news on tv..???? (I think)

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
here its burglars shooting dogs not cops at least you know who to blame and hold accountable we have had 3 killed in he last week all during the day time including a three legged sheepdog who was recovering from cancer surgery!! all so they can steal electronics and stuff with out worrying about the dog even a friendly one see southbendtribune.com for the article it is just sick this area has enough to worry about with these idiots

1 - 17 of 17 Posts