Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Product - Smoke House Chicken Breast Tenders Treats

I got an email on this but it was one of those that said "send this to everyone you know" email which are most often hoaxes.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Re: another recally -- maybe

I agree, I check the FDA on almost a daily basis and am on their mailing list for pet food recalls, but they aren't always the first to alert us.  Thanks for the warning and I agree with Andrea, better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I think its a cat treat or something (only saying this be/c I got the email through one of my Sphynx Yahoo Groups)..

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Thanks for the heads up...there are plenty of good treats out there...I'd definitely rather be safe then sorry...my SIL boxergirl Shelby(she was the female of the boxer pair with Jackson) died as a result of exposure to one of the soft treats in the last recall...she had already been sick and the vet said it was because she was already weak...but, he was certain the death was the result of those treats...so sad... :cry:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Flutterby\";p=\"31047 said:
I think its a cat treat or something (only saying this be/c I got the email through one of my Sphynx Yahoo Groups)..

They probably have both, the ones I looked at were for dogs.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yeah we used to feed these to Beckham, but once all these recalls started happening and I noticed they were from China I stopped feeding them to him.  I wonder if Petco would give me an in-store refund?  A pound of these is like $10!!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I just checked the FDA Petfood Recall List and this item is not yet on it, however, I did find the post about the product on Yahoo.  For those that maybe interested in reading it.

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa? ... 9477698013

The interesting this post points out is that the packaging is deceptive in that it boasts "all natural" ingredients, but the small print does say made in China.  I guess we have to bring a magnifying glass with us to the pet store in order to read the small print.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts