Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard from another forum that there is  another recall on pet food, but I can not find any info on it. Has any one else heard about it?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
The government recently announced that they would be cracking down on all fish, vegetables, toys, etc. (long list) that comes into the country from China because their fish are being raised on fish farms in raw sewage (human and animal) and full of all kinds of bacteria and viruses.  Same situation with their vegetables and grains.  I've not heard of any new pet food recalls, but that doesn't mean there hasn't been.  I saw this on the national news night before last and they were recommending that unless you know where the fish you are buying comes from - don't buy it or eat it.  They have implimented a new regulation that requires fish to be labeled with the country of origin and if you can't find out where that is - don't eat it was their advice.  They showed pictures of where the fish were being rasied in China and it was disgusting.  

Don't know if this is what they were referring to as pet food does contain grains, vegetables and fish - but I'd stick with a food that uses human grade ingredients from the USA.

Here is the FDA's link to pet foods recalled so you can check out your own brands and when or if they were recalled:

http://www.fda.gov/ora/fed_state/recalls/Recall.xls

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
The government is supposed to be cracking down on alot of stuff.  But, the problems we have today are because we're letting somebody else do the work so the bigwigs can make more money.  I'll still with the old saying, "If you want something done right, do it yourself."  Our quality standards are much higher than any other country.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
i agree..all of a sudden all the stuff from china is bad? uhmm id bet its been this way a long time...and just now is when its noticed...

the recalls went crazy...i havent heard anything about pet stuff recalled recently though...i have a friend that s a vet in mass that emails me whenever something comes up..and you can bet Sharon would post if she heard anything...:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts