Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Roxy was having real loose stools for 3 days.  We took her in on the 13th along with a fecal sample and she received a 5 day supply of Metronidazole and an under the skin IV which didn't go over so well (Roxy didn't even need it and she let the vets know).  When the fecal sample results came back on Monday, we found out she had Giardia.  The Metronidazole was helping and Roxy was also prescribed a 3 day supply of Panacur.  Her stools look nice and solid now that the meds are over and done with, but our poor girl had to go in again today.  This visit for Roxy is to get spayed, microchipped, DA2PP booster, Parvo booster, Bordetella booster, another fecal sample, and she starts the Leptospira series.
I felt so bad dropping her off at the vets knowing how well the last visit went.  When I was going over the estimate with the vet poor Roxy was whimpering.  Before I left, I asked the vet if I could leave one of her favorite plush toys with her so she would be a little more comfortable in the kennel over night.  I miss my little girl already I pick her up 2morrow at 4 p.m.

My fiance decided to let Roxy into bed before she went to work so she could snuggle and took some pics while I was completely out of it.  I thought this pic was pretty cute.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Great picture.  Glad she is coming home tomorrow.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the support.  How did you guys and gals come up with the cool signatures posted at the botom of your posts?  I think they are great.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Aww..I know how ya feel..When I left Chloe I was crying my eyes out and I drove the vets nuts that whole day..lol..Sending Roxy tons of speedy healing vibes!!  I'm not much help on the siggy's this was the first one I ever made with photoshop.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hey, what do you mean by loose stool? I noticed that Guido nd Macy's stool isn't "hard" like it should (now that I have to pick it up all the time).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By loose stool, I mean the runs.  Be wary if you see mucus, blood and especially worms.  Loose stool is not uncommon with boxers due to their sensitive digestive system.  But if it dosen't clear up within a couple of days I would have it looked at.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rocky had loose stool as well and it turned out to be Giardia (spelling). He went on a powder medication for about 1 weeks straight, 2 times a day. It cleared up very well. HOWEVER, sometimes Rocky's stool is soft...not loose...and other times its like rocks...he is on the raw meat diet and he seems to be doing very well on it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it's 12:50 in the afternoon and I just received a call from the vet.  Everything went well and Roxy is a little groggy.  She received the microchip while she was under anesthesia and will receive the rest of her vacinations some time tomorrow afternoon.  That's always good news to hear.  I can't wait to bring her back home.  

We live in an apartment on the 3rd floor.  I know after undergoing surgery, she should not climb any stairs.  What do you think would be the best thing to do when she needs to potty?  I was thinking of getting some of those potty training pads and placing them out on the balcony.  Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
She should be able to take the stairs.  Just make sure she goes VERY slowly (I'm sure you will).

Glad everything went okay!!!  Kisses and hugs from Lilly and me!  ~~~~Healing vibes to Roxy!!!~~~~

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Aaahhhh bless her heart...Glad to hear that she came thru her spay fine...It's hard when our babies aren't feeling well, especialy when they have to stay away for the nite....Sending out some healing vibes to Roxy and I bet you will be soo glad to see her tmw!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Glad to hear she is doing well, and I am sure she will be back to her old self very soon.  Probably feeling better then she should.....Just take the stairs slow and she will be fine on going out to the bathroom.  That is one area that I think, if it is going well , do not change it!.....

·
Registered
186 Posts
glad all went ok, i know thats hard. i would maybe either carry her down the stairs if she wants to run up and down, but she may take them slow on her own.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
So glad to hear she's doing well.  Pamper and take extra special care of your little cutie for the next few days!

Lola knows how she feels...she was spayed yesterday.  
Happy Healing Vibes from Lola! :goodman:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Charlie has loose stool sometimes.  He doesn't do well with food IMO.  But usually one time he'll have a loose stool, then the next time it will be at least somewhat solid.  One thing I noticed is when he turned one, I would come home during my lunch hour and let him pee only.  I know what your saying, but I wouldn't give him time to hunt a spot.  Eliminating that one poop has helping him alot.  I began to feel like he was making himself poop because he was outside!  Hope your little girl gets to feelin better!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Glad she is home and doing well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We have not picked Roxy up from the vet yet.  She comes home tonight at 4:00.  My fiance Aly, called the vet this morning and Roxy is up and about and back to her usual antics.  We will be posting some more pics later tonight after she comes home.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts