Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm afraid my 5 month old puppy, Ilsa, has more problems then she deserves to have at this point of her young life.

It appears that she may have a weakened immune system.  She has had a UTI for months now and has developed demodex mange now.

She just can't fight off problems (even with rounds of medication)

Has anyone been through this??

And advice would be wonderful.

·
Registered
270 Posts
WOW...I'm so sorry that your pup is going through this!  I've only had problems with my Corgi like this.  She has what is similar to Crones disease in humans....so she is on a special diet.  BUT when she gets sick.....there seems to be NOTHING that can help her!  Have you had your pup tested?  weird to say, but I HAD to with Millie and that is how I found out that she has Crones disease.  She got it when she was a tiny pup!  I wish you the best of luck!  PLEASE let me know what happens....I'm very curious!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear this, no pup deserves to have to fight that much to stay healthy...Did you get her from a breeder? If so, have you been in contact to see if any of these problems have occured in any other pups? Just a thought...My prayers are going out to you both, this has to be very difficult and frustrating.

·
Registered
186 Posts
sorry i have no advice but i hope she gets better soon. i am not real sure if this would have naything to do with it or not, but what kind of water does she drink? is it well water? i know sometimes well water can be very hard and sometimes rusty.

·
Registered
165 Posts
So sorry to hear of your troubles.  My rescue Bella had a severe case of Demodex.  Put the puppy on a super premium kibble.  I started Bella on digestive enzymes, proboitics, oxygen drops, flax seed oil and bovine colostrum.  There is a company called www.nzymes.com that i order from.  The products helped my other dog recover from a severe yeast infection that was ongoing for years.  Another site you may check out is www.petsbestrx.com/mange . It is an all natural approach.
You guys will be in my prayers

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So sorry to hear about your puppy, hope she grows out of it.  I know you will get some good ideas to help on this forum.  Let us know her progress.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts