Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe someone can help...our cocker has classic droopy (so cute) eyes...our vet said it wasn't really a problem unless he has chronic infections, which he hasn't but in the past fews days, he has had some thick white goobies in one eye.  It's not yellowish or greenish, but it is a solid white color, not at all clear the way regular occasional boogies are.  He does not seem irritated by it, not scratching or anything.
Does this sound like conj or anything else you have experienced? And are there natural ways to treat it or is an antibiotic ointment the best thing? I will call in the a.m. for a vet appt on Saturday (assuming we can get it) but would ike to get a head start on treating it...

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
jeez i cant help ya but i sure hope he feels ok and thats its nothing...i luv the cockers droopy eyes too:)

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Hello!  Lola has had conjunctivitis twice.  It was yellow & green though.  I had to give her an ointment for 10 days and it cleared right up.  Be sure to use a warm cloth to wipe off anything that gets on his face, the vet told me that it can irritate their skin if left there.  Good luck, hope he's feeling better soon!

·
Registered
780 Posts
might be allergies...our cat and dog both get it occasionally this time of year.  Depends on how bad the goldenrod is.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Perfect, thank you...I will try the Visine A then as everything I have red says that the conj. would result in a yellow or green discharge. If it doesn't clear up, I will run him to the vet.

sidenote...hahaha, i'm on th eldoor playing with them and abby is using her ruffians fish to massage brady's head while he's chewing on a rope...they are too funny.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Buck had it once and actually got it from Tia right after we brought her home...To be honest I don't remember what the vet prescribed, but it sure worked fast!!! Angel has the white goobies, allergies seem bad this time of year here......Sharon, didn't know about the Visine A, thanks for the tip  :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, Brady was off to the vet today...I noticed yesterday that the goo that had dried on his cheek was yellowish so in he went and he did have an infection so he is no some drops. My hubby learned how to put the drops in too, which is good given the circus it has been getting the visine A into his eyes! hahaha!

The vet asked if he has been digging lately...and he has...there is a chipmunk hole outside and he wants to visit its' occupants. The vet said it is likely that the dirt in his eyes caused the infection and to continue using the visine to flush his eyes out after we see him digging.  so, for those diggers...get the stuff that "gets the red out."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts