Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rescued Roxy six months ago from a family that kept her locked in the laundry room all day. She was a year and a half old and didn’t know how to run, play with toys, walk on a leash or socialize with other dogs. When I brought Roxy home to my six month old boxer Porsha, they immediately hit it off and the two girls have been inseparable. Porsha has taught Roxy a lot and after a few short months Roxy has learned to play with toys and loves running in the park, although she has a very unusual run.
Roxy is a very cuddly, loveable dog but she is also very insecure. I have tried to crate her, but she gets absolutely frantic and she throws her body against the cage.
Although she has definitely come a long way in the last few months, she still has some serious outstanding issues. Her barking is almost indescribable; she seems to go into a trance when she barks. She will jump on me and bark uncontrollably at me. I am covered in scratches and I have had numerous bloody, swollen lips. (my mother says I am a battered dog owner) Roxy also barks uncontrollable when she gets excited or over stimulated, barks out the window all day long and barks nonstop at other dogs when we are in the park. Due to her uncontrollable barking at other dogs we were too disruptive at her obedience classes and we had to drop out.
I really need some help to get Roxy to a point where I can take her places with Porsha and myself; right now she is too uncontrollable. Most days Roxy is very disruptive to the household and to get out the door for work every morning is exhausting because she doesn’t want me to leave. Any help or suggestions you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I am desperate to help Roxy. I can’t give her away, it would devastate me, but things have to change.

I am looking for a GOOD trainer that has experience with Boxers and rescues.

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
I've tried contacting Erica on numerous occasions and she never returned my calls. It's a pity really because I've heard good things about her. But if she's too busy to return ONE of my 5 calls, then you can be sure I won't be calling her again!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks BellaLuv!!!! I found someone we are going to start working with her soon. I will keep you updated Sasaola if you are still looking for someone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts