Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've caught a stinker of a cold and want to get rid of it quick, before Monday! Don't want to resort to heavy medication and need to be better by Monday! And is there a way of avoiding getting a rudolph red peeling nose? I have all the usual, runny & blocked nose, cough, hot eyes etc etc.......I'm not going to be looking good at all for Christmas at this rate! (Curse public transport and people who cough on you :x )

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
my mom always told me to "feed a cold". I asked what she meant and she said to make sure you eat plenty...even if you dont feel hungry...i did this and took dayquil the worst of the sypmtoms were gone in two days. i had a half runny half blocked nose for a few more days, but it wasnt too bad

·
Registered
780 Posts
We always take extra Vit. C when we have a cold and drink lots of fluids, get extra rest and let your body heal.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Zicam(spelling??) has worked great for me while i was in school. Worth a try...but dont get the disolving tablets....they taste awesome for 2 seconds(like baby asprin) then they taste like str8 alkaseltzer ewwwwww. Good luck

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Annette, I feel for you....Since you are in France, I don't what is available, but I take a ton of Zinc when I'm sick(it strengthens the immune system). Vitamin C is also good. Zicam is awesome, but I don't think you can get that over there. I used to have it sent to me from the states when I was in Ireland....Hope you feel better. I hate being sick at the holidays....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts