Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, as this has become a nightly issue....Why when I take my shower or bath each night, Ashley will go and pee in front, or near the door?
Almost everytime, I have let her out to go prior to stepping in the shower, but she continues to do this. I am starting to wonder if its not an issue where she is mad that she does not have my undivided attention ( yes..guilty as charged..I watch and play with her almost ALL the time ). I am seriously thinking I need to get more proactive on this little girl, and start crating her for my night showertime. ( Please understand..she never pees in the house, and will sit patiently by the door for 10 minuete any other time of the day if needed. )
This little piddle party every night is upsetting to say the least..but the worst part is when I come out and she slinks past me, and has her head down, and I go to take hold of her collar to put her out, she whinces..like I BEAT her..and I NEVER do!! Oh..I feel mad about the pee, and sad she acts fearfull of the one person that loves her the most...sorry guys..can anyone help, as this has me in tears right now thinking about how she reacts to me :cry:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
That is interesting.  But when i go to grab jessies collar she will slink away like that too... They know they are in trouble...

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about thinking you're doing anything negative to her. I think sometimes they honestly are already beating themselves up for doing it - it's a natural reaction. My pups do the same if they've had an accident.

It is rather weird that she does that, though. Maybe try & have somebody watch what she's doing when you're in there... maybe she doesn't understand what the sound of the shower means? Is she afraid of getting baths? I don't really know - kinda grasping at strings here! *heh*

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
PradazPurdy\";p=\"94586 said:
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about thinking you're doing anything negative to her. I think sometimes they honestly are already beating themselves up for doing it - it's a natural reaction. My pups do the same if they've had an accident.

It is rather weird that she does that, though. Maybe try & have somebody watch what she's doing when you're in there... maybe she doesn't understand what the sound of the shower means? Is she afraid of getting baths? I don't really know - kinda grasping at strings here! *heh*
Yeah... there is obviously something she is associating with the shower that is making her pee.  I would say putting her in another room, or a crate.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Maybe she is afraid of what is going on in the shower? I know it would make a mess but maybe leave the curtin open or thye shower door open to let her see that you are not being hurt while in there?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish she were frightened by the shower or bath..she is the monster I posted about that jumped INTO the tub with me a week or so ago!! She LOVES bathtime. I now wonder if she is doing this because she isn't in the water also????
I guess more than anything, I could not believe she pulled away from me like that..I was more upset then her!! You would have thought I was beating her all the time..when I actually never lay my hands on her. ( we use rolled newspaper and swat the sofa, or our hands to make noise to get her attention for correction ) but the way she DUCKED..it was like an abused dog. Do you think she is truely fearfull of me?? I just said..."oh no..Ashley...not AGAIN!!" and not even loud. What a sensitive pup..maybe its a stage she is going through..cuz she gets more loving from me that DH even does!!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I put Maple in the crate when I go in the shower and sometimes she whines and last week she even pooped once, and I know it's not because she had to go because she went shortly before hand.  I think it's like you said that she is upset that your attention is not focused on her at that time, at least that's what it seems like with Maple.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts