Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got our boxer one week ago and he was the the runt of the litter he only weighs 4 pounds any suggestions on what to give him to bulk up ?? Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
7,025 Posts
You need nothing more than time and a good quality food. Can you post a picture? 4lbs is quite small, how old is your puppy? Have you made sure he has been dewormed several times?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need nothing more than time and a good quality food. Can you post a picture? 4lbs is quite small, how old is your puppy? Have you made sure he has been dewormed several times?

When we took him to the vet Monday they said he didn't have any parasites but they didn't say anything about worms and we haven't seen any but we will try that ,he just turned 8 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
Looking good there...just give him good food and let him thrive :)

Being the runt doesn't mean he will be small

·
Registered
11 Posts
My aunt had some old-tymer dog advice for me when I got my pup. She warned me not to overfeed my pup and make it gain weight too fast. She says it's bad for their bones.

I'm not sure how 'medical' that is but... seemed like solid advice to me at the time.

Hope your little one is ok!

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
My aunt had some old-tymer dog advice for me when I got my pup. She warned me not to overfeed my pup and make it gain weight too fast. She says it's bad for their bones.

I'm not sure how 'medical' that is but... seemed like solid advice to me at the time.

Hope your little one is ok!
Your Aunt is correct. Just a good quality food will do. We even took our off puppy formula at 5 months as our vet suggested we do as he didn't want to see him get too big too fast. Our boy is now 2 1/2 years old and weighs 74 lbs. He is solid muscle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts