Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if that's what they call it in Houston, but here south of Houston, we call it "the crud". :lol:

It's a lot of coughing, some moderate congestion, maybe a little fever.  It's kinda like a mild "little brother" of the flu.
Well I've got it!  I ran fever for a couple of days and went to the doc yesterday.  Seems I've developed an allergy to cedar, which blows in from the north and west with the cold fronts.  So allergies plus the crud have lead to a sinus infection.  Yuck! :p

Y'all stay healthy out there! :D

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Oh my, the crud is everywhere 8O The docs office I work in had been flooded with it only here it seems to be starting with a TERRIBLY sore throat. I've lost count of all the strep checks we've done!! So sorry to hear it's caught up with you, Rest, get TONS of fluids to thin the secretions, Tylenol or Motrin if you can for the aches and get well soon, the crud is NOT a fun way to start a New Year :(

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Knock on wood, I haven't been sick but my sister and brother-in-law had it right before Christmas.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Yep...I've got the crud right now. Actually, if any of you know Spongebob, my daughter say's I have the suds! I've had the cough and congestion for three weeks now, and now I've got the sore throat runny nose thing on top of that! Yep I sure feel like crud! :eh:

·
Registered
977 Posts
I can't believe it!! 8O  I'm sure it's a global virus! I had it just before Christmas and absoluely EVERYONE i've met has now had it!!  My family and friends in the UK have had it since last week. I don't know a single person who hasn't had "the crud" (must think to use that expression in the future :lol: ).
Yep, starts with a sore throat, then fever, blocked/runny nose and finally coughing. My husband also has the sinus infection. Unfortunately no loss of appetite so no luck there then :roll: and i was hoping to lose a couple of lbs :wink:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
tootsie\";p=\"64131 said:
Yep...I've got the crud right now. Actually, if any of you know Spongebob, my daughter say's I have the suds! I've had the cough and congestion for three weeks now, and now I've got the sore throat runny nose thing on top of that! Yep I sure feel like crud! :eh:
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO when i had pnemonia a month or 2 ago my son told the doc in no uncertain terms he needed to get 'the suds' medicine it was what mom had and its the only thing tht would work haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

although the doc had no sense of humor and loooked at us like we were crazy !!! haha love people like tht makes it even funnier

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I am just now starting to feel back to normal from the "crud"which I had since Thanksgiving....I feel your pain Z...Hope you start feeling better....

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
i just saw this thread. i woke up with a sore throat this morning.oh crap. oh,well by every one else's descriptions at least i know what to expect! phase one of "crud" initiated! lol

·
Registered
219 Posts
me and the kids have had it.... along with ear infections in all 3 kids... but weve had cough.. started with sore throat and congestion in the head.. that lead to chest conjection.. it SUX

·
Registered
905 Posts
Yep, definitely a global pandemic!  My mum is smothered with it and I'm starting to come down with it too.  And my sister was only saying last night that she has never known so many people to be sick at the same time.  It'll be Lemsips and hot whiskeys for me for the next few days!

And Annette, I NEVER lose my appetite when I get sick - it's just not fair!  I'm getting married in May and could do with a nice bout of stomach flu or something right around now - take about a stone off, ha ha!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts