Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to Poochie Palace yesterday for a bath.  The owner/groomer lady told me about this supplement called NuVet Plus.  She gave me a free sample and an information pamplet.

I'm not into giving vitamin pills to a dog.  I feed high quality dog food, shouldn't that be enough?  Anyhow, just wondering if you all have ever heard of it and what you think of it.  Should I buy some and give it a try?  It would be for allergy purposes.

Thanks!

http://www.nuvet.com

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I have never heard of NuVet, but there are alot of products out there.....I agree that if you feed a quality food that it's enough.  The main thing I see with suppliments are the ingred vs what is in your food.  Such as calcium.  Alot of foods already have or have more then the needed daily dose so therefore there is little need for a suppliment...
Maybe someone else has heard of them.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
My thoughts on vitamins is that if you are feeding a high quality food, that should be sufficient. I don't really see a need for supplements. Is Henry having allergy issues?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I've given NuVet Plus at times, overall I think it's a decent product and I know many other breeders who use it.  I don't supplement regularly, but given the sad state of our air, water, and soil quality I tend to think there are probably some trace nutrients missing even from an organic, free-range raw diet.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
NuVet Plus

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I thought the food was enough.  I don't think I'll buy any of these pills.

Henry is having a little problem with the ragweed, but who isn't right now? :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts