Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there are any members from Tennessee.  Every now and then I see stuff about a meet up and it makes me wanna have one.  If your from TN, which part?  I live in the little town of Clinton, which is about 20 miles north of Knoxville.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Nope not from there, but am planning a vacation to Pigeon Forge this July. Do you have any tips or must see things to do around there?   :roll:

Lisa

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tootsie, make sure there is not a car show that weekend.  If there is, plan on walking all weekend.  Last car show I went to, it took me 4 hours to travel the last 3 or 4 miles to get to Pigeon Forge.  As far as stuff to see, I'd recommend Ripley's Aquarium.  The whole Ripley's deal wouldn't be bad.  If you don't mind driving outta the way some, I'd suggest taking the scenic loop thru Gatlinburg to Townsend.  In the Great Smokey Mountains in Townsend there is Cades Cove.  Go early or late and drive the entire loop.  You will probably see somewhere between 100-300 deer, turkey, and the occasion wild hog in the woods.  There are plenty of places to hike!  If your husband is into outdoors stuff, there's Bass Pro Shop in Sevierville, the Mossy Oak Camo factory, and Smokey Mountain Knife Works.  PM me if you have any questions and like I said before, make sure there isn't a car show going on.  I could probably find out if you tell me which days you plan on going there!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Thanks! When I figure out the exact dates, I'll let you know. Although I am into the classics...68 & 69 camaro's, mustangs, chevelles, all the old muscle cars, I wouldn't mind it one bit....the kids on the other hand might have a problem with it!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm into classics, only new cars that I like are Mustangs but I'm a fan of any Mustang.  I'm sure you would have blast but Pigeon Forge turns into a gigantic parking lot!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
My hubby has a 70 chevelle ss! If you look at the pics I posted of Roxy on the "look what roxy learned today" htread you can see it lol

·
Registered
616 Posts
I seen that!  I was going to ask about it but didn't want to hijack the thread. :oops:   I am a fan of classics too.  I used to have a 70 Pontiac Lemans, a 66 Ford Falcon and most recently a 77 Pont. Trans Am  All of them before kids.  Can't wait to start collecting again soon!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed the Chevelle also and didn't wanna hijack the thread.  Body looks pretty good, from the pics it looks like there is some rust around the right rear tire area.  Does it have a 350 in it?  Most do, if it has a 396 then the motor is worth some pretty good money by itself.  Are you all planning on restoring it?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Did you check out that link I posted about meetup groups? Mine is in Madison/Huntsville. Not sure how far that would be for you to drive, but it takes me about an hour and 45 mins...Or if you are real ambitous, you can start one..Lol....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts