Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It got a bit hot yesterday and Voltaire was straight in the "pond" (still needs some work!) for a cool off! Am looking into buying a kids paddling pool for summer as he stinks and needs a shower when he gets out :poked: yuk!

I'm sticking to the shallow sides!

Anyone else have water photos?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ooohhh Argos - those were the good old days! Now i'm feeling nostalgic, i haven't shoved my nose in an argos catalogue ( i used to look at the cheap jewelerry :oops: ) in 10 years! My husband isn't hot for the paddling pool idea but i WILL prevail!! (Paint it camouflage to blend in or something :roll: ) Fingers crossed for a hot summer 'eh?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Last summer we bought one of those huge pools...I was outside every morning at 6am cleaning the dang thing, but we never actually got to swim in it!

After filling the pool, we waited the proper time to add the recomended chemicals to clean the water, but it instantly turned green! It didn't clear up until AFTER summer was over. I hate that pool. When we took it down I kept kicking the darned thing. lol

If you do get that big pool...get it filled by a pool filling company. They'll come by with a huge truck filled with water ready to swim in. if we did that, it would have saved me a lot of trouble, and we actually would have been able to swim in the pool.

I'm still mad about it. cant ya tell? lol

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Well look at Voltaire cooling himself off.....I've got a plastic wading pool that Marq and I are setting up in the back yard..Angel is very curious about water, the shower, the tub etc, so we shall see..

Here's a couple of Samson last summer in the creek close to our house.....And he really does not like water, unless you get in with him....Lol

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is Samson swimming or wallowing :D Lovely pics - and for a dog who's not crazy about water he's doing a darn good impression of the opposite!! Looks like he doesn't want to get his tail wet AT ALL though:lol: (Must be lovely to have a creek near-by - lucky you! :D )

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Nice butt shot Samson!!  :rofl:

Look at Samson go in that water!! No, I would never guess he doesn't like the water..  :p
With all this chat about water and swimming, here's a cute video off of you tube..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEiQZ7XHeKU

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
My bf and I took jessie to the beach the other day and she layed down in the surf and almost got covered by a wave... we have yet to see her go in past her paws though!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I decided to foster a boxer we named roxi when i worked at the vet a few years back. The owner released her to me because they didnt want to pay for treatment. I got her back to health and then took her to the lake. She freaked out. We took her in and she was fine at first, then i guess she thought she was going to drown or something because she suddenly spazzed out and started to try and climb up on my boyfriend and myself. We eventually were able to get her back ashore, but it was a nightmare doing so. We had so many red scratch marks over our chest, shoulders, backs and tummy's!! poor girl was terrified and wouldnt go near the waters edge. She just sat under a tree and slept the rest of the day, keeping a weary eye on the water

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I have a bunch!!! here they are these are from last summer!! havent gotten any yet this year!!
ps dont mind me in a couple of the picslol she thought i was going to let her drown

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I love the one where she's doggy paddling! The look on her face! 100% concentration :lol:  Do they all bury their heads in the water like that! It's as if they don't mind the head going under but the feet have to touch the bottom! Lovely photos, she's a beaut, look forward to the 2007 ones :D .

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think my wife and I have seen all of Oscars videos on you tube!! what a cute puppy, none of Petey swimming yet though. I can't wait to take him and our bassetts swimming. We took Harley for a swim when he was about 10 weeks old, but not since then and never taken Hailey swimming. The bassetts may have a hard time though since they're so long and heavy, with such short stocky legs. Bassett hounds are great in their own way, when they're awake anyway!!--Rich

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
lol...love the doggy shake!! :emtthumbs:

Nice pics!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts