Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not going to get into weight pulling per say, but looking at making some PVC carts for the dogs to pull some loads on our walks... hopefully wearing them out.

Now a 45 minute walk pretty much just makes the dogs more excited to run and play... Can't jog for long because of my knees and ankles... and I don't have the stones to let them run alongside my bike...

I got a couple of harnesses for cheap on Amazon... gonna have Taco checked out for hip/joint issues because he's so big... Just wondering if anyone's tried it out...

·
Super Moderator
7,109 Posts
We actually attach a harness to our bikes. You can get a bike arm attachment that makes it super safe for both you and the dog. There are many ppl who summer dog sled :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We actually attach a harness to our bikes. You can get a bike arm attachment that makes it super safe for both you and the dog. There are many ppl who summer dog sled :)
Maybe I'll take a look at those arms, though it still looks like they can take off and send me flying with those things. Not worried about Belle, but Taco needs some corrections from time to time - another dog, some kids playing, a bicycle, stray squirrel... and he'll go nuts wanting to play... hasn't pulled really hard in a while and is easily correctible, but on a bicycle I don't trust it...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking to do a setup something like this:

Slightly different though, going to set each cart up to pull two coolers... That way I can fill them with water to adjust the weight... and if the opportunity presents itself... have the dogs pulling coolers full of beer around. You know, for exercise and stuff. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts