Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is kind of gross but I just can't figure it out...so I have been walking the dogs in the evening about 2 miles. Well, just recently Sam started doing the strangest thing. Usually he poops right after we get going but then on the second poop (normally he might go as many as three times while we are out), he will poop, then immediately sit down like something in on his butt and sticks his nose back there to check it out and then his pink thing (yes, penis) sticks out. So he just sits there for a few seconds while I am picking up and when we are ready to go, he stands up and it's like he is sway back or something and I notice his butt is kind of puckered and after a few steps he is normal again. It is almost like he may have a cramped stomach or something...Anyhow, today he did it then he pooped again afterwards but didn't do it- so strange. OH, and I also walk them about a 1/2 mile in the morning and he has never done it in the mornings. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing???

·
Registered
54 Posts
sounds normal to me. Otis' thang comes out too when he is duke'n  - usually when we are on a walk or something out of the ordinary. I've also noticed odd poop patterns on our walks. Too many & a case of the serious runny butt! I wouldn't worry unless he is scooching his bum on the ground or something.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
As long as he doesn't start rubbing his Booty on the ground, he's fine..Samson's thingy comes out as well, it's a guy thing :lol: Never seen the sway back tho

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Some people can get a vagal response when straining to poop. This response causes a drop in blood pressure. Now, I know absolutely nothing about dog anatomy but if the same were true for animals, this could explain his temporary need to sit and his swaying.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Zulus comes out too sometimes, he is a funny pooper though, he dont stand still and walks in circles, you end up with poop crop circles, very funny!! :lol:  :lol:

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
actually it sounds like his anal glands are bothering him....you could try expressing yourself or next time your in the vet ask them to do it for you :)

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awww, didn't even think of that!! Thanks so much Sharon!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts