Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Web Page Name

Spoke to the breeder this morning.  She is great - strict, assuring, and knows what she is talking about.  Loves her dogs, and does 1 litter per year.  Does anyone have any experience with her and her dogs?  Would love to hear...

Thanks,
Nerissa

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Not familar with the kennel, but make sure they health test - IMO cannot go wrong with a healthy boxer!!!!  Good Luck in your search!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I've never heard of that breeder either. I also looked at one of the pups pedigree, and no one sounds familiar. That's not to say they are a bad breeder. Like Heather mentioned, just make sure they do all the appropriate health testing. It says on the site that the health testing is done and that hard copies are available. I would want to see them.  ;)   Here is a list of what boxers should be tested for before breeding.

http://www.americanboxerclub.org/health-screening.html

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I haven't heard of the kennel, she's in Canada right? But she has a girlie that I swear looks just like Flick!  :) She says she health tests, which is great, make a copy of the boxer tests and ask her about them :)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Yes, Norah's in Canada, so a lot of the lines are Canadian.  She also has a lot of the 'old' lines like Schoolmaster, Holly Lane, Shieldmont, or the Veni Vidi Vici dog, which you don't see too often (close up) in today's pedigrees.  I don't know her personally so can't comment on her practices; she mentions health testing so I'd just ask about that and see if you feel comfortable with her answer. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,011 Posts
Norah McGriskin is a fantastic breeder! She puts alot of time, energy and money into her dogs. She is always in the showring through out Canada and the US. Her dogs are health tested and she would not have an issue showing them to you. As a fellow Canadian breeder I would highly recommend her, as would alot of other breeders. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I went and visited her recently. She is great and is very well known and reputable. She has been showing dogs for decades worldwide.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts