Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has tried their dogs food. I have a son who is 19 months and he goes after the dogs food dish and takes a handful and runs I dont know if he ever eats any bit if so it hasnt hurt him none.
My uncle used to eat Gaines Burgers I though it ws sick...

Wondering oif anyone else has a dog food story..

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
:rofl: :rofl: Nope never tried the dog food personally, but you gave me quite a chuckle with the Gaines Burgers! I haven't thought of those things in years.....Those hamburger rubbery looking things! Couldn't imagine eating those!  :puke:

·
Registered
374 Posts
LOL Gaines Burgers, haven't heard of those in years!  Can't imagine anyone eating them either.  I have tried dog food, kinda tastes like grape nuts...not very yummy

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL.... My grandfather feed them to his Dachshund... thought they were weird loking and smelled awful

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
OMG gaines burgers wow flash back haha

my son also used to try and take the dogs food when he was about 1...lol..i myself havent tried it though lol

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah's food smells fishy, no way I would try it.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Haha cant say that I have or that I would....but I do have one client that eats the heartgard treats from the jar at work....:)

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Can't say that I have ever had the desire to dip into the dog food bowls lol.  But my first dog live to the ripe old age of 17 1/2 on Gaines Burgers and Milk Bones - brings back memories!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Our daughter used to get in Calli's dish all the time when she was crawling and walking (have pictures somewhere of both of them at the dish  8O ).  We took the food away from her of course but I am sure she got a few pieces of it in her.  We also have pictures of her and Calli sharing a big rawhide bone. :oops:  8O    We DIDN'T let her chew on it or anything but they looked so cute together and Calli was so patient with our daughter...they were best buddies and shared everything.  Of course Calli got to share all of Hanna's human treats too! :D

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I buy the Merrick lunchbox quite often for my boy, I give him a can every once in a while as a treat.  It's the canned wet food but theres one flavor thats called Grammy's Pot Pie and honestly, it looks like soup and is almost appetizing.   I think one night I was looking at my dinner and looking at his and for the first time thinking I was getting the raw end of that deal!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I never have, but my husband ate a lot when he was a kid.  He ate so much that he had elevated levels of lead in his blood and they ran all kinds of tests to try and figure out why.  Then his mom caught him in the dog food, doc said that was the problem and to not eat any more dog food! :lol:   They also think that too much lead may have caused him some learning problems.  Not much, he still was able to graduate from Texas A&M in 4 years! :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Yup, when I was a kid, my mom said I would go next door and try and eat out of the dogs bowl outside 8O ...Can't imagine why I found that appealing....Actualy when we switched to Blue months ago, Marq took a sample of it, just out of curiosity, said he wouldn't want a steady diet of it, but for dog food, it wasn't bad  :lol:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
My daughter always went after the dogs food when she was crawling. It was so hard to get her to finally learn that it wasn't for her! Now I like to bring it up every so often (she's nearly 5 now) just to watch her squirm and say 'Ewwww!'. lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
lol one of my friends told me she used to eat her dogs Milk Bones when she was  a little girl.

Then one day her uncle caught her and he told her if she kept eating them she would grow a tail!

She must have quit eating them because she is in fact  tail-less  :wink:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
lo

MY nephew and Maggie share everything, toys and FOOD!  THe boy seems ok! lol

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i have not tried dog food...my sister who is 19 on the other hand must always take a taste of the greenie before she gives it to her dogs...and will try just about any treat she gets for them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts