Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought the illusion collar and sofar the walks are a complete 180 from just a normal harness, collar, or their prong collars.  We have tried all types of collars that you can buy.  Hopefully after obedience training is over we can just use the regular collars.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
i have the illusion collar for sumya and i did not really care for it. it did not prevent her from pulling and when she did  she would pull so hard it would make the whites of her eyes bright red.but every dog is different. not much stops her lol. the only collar that stops her is the prong collar. she walk like an angel when she has it on. i am glad that you have found success with the illusion collar though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We too just bought the illusion collar for our 4 year old boxer, and I have to say I am amazed with how beautifully he is walking. We had tried just about every collar on the market and he still dragged us along the street barking at every person, car etc. The illusion collar along with Ceaser Milan's tips have transformed our unruley baby in the space of one week!!!! Its now a pleasure to walk him. If I did have any concerns it would be does the collar hurt him?? I know I am such a worrier when it comes to our dog and people are constantly reminding me that if the spiked choke collar didn't hurt him then nothing would. It doesn't seem to bother him and he acts comfortablly with it on.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
If you're using it properly it shouldn't hurt him any more than a regular correction with a choke collar - the "special" thing about the collar is simply the contraption that keeps the collar up behind the ears; besides that it's the same as any other nylon choker.  It needs to 'hurt' him a little bit - at least at the level of discomfort - or it won't work; corrections need to be things the dog will work to avoid.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have stopped using the choke collar and the Illusion collar because of the proper obedience dog training we just went through they have done real well with just a regular padded comfort collar from Petco.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts