Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a really stupid..funny..question, what really should we wear on our boxers during cold weather???  I live in Pennsylvania.  Our summers can get up to high 90s, our winters run around 20's with a few exceptional days in the negatives.  Right now, mid-Sept, we go from 70ish weather in the afternoon to 40s in the morning hours.  Jaxon has made it clear he does not like the cold.  He'll pee on the sidewalk in the morning rather than go into the cold grass...I personally don't blame him! haha  I have a hoodie for him which he is quickly outgrowing.  If it is below 60 degrees I wear it on him when we go out.  I love the way it's made because it has long front sleeves and velcro closure the whole way down under his belly.  It is short enough underneath that it doesn't get in his way to pee!  Anyhow..I'm shopping online with the sites Liz posted and also a few I found, the "coats" are more just decorative and made more for females.  I found a few hoodies that I like but I also found these fleece jackets.  The fleece jackets cover only the top and velcro around the neck and around the chest sort of how a harness would fasten.  They cover nothing underneath and have no leg coverage.  Do they really just need their backs covered in cold weather or should I look for leg coverage too?  I wouldn't be so questioning, but a lot that I find that I like and think would hold up are $50-60.  I'm not wearing them on him to be cutsie, just he goes with us a lot and needs to be covered.  Thanks a lot!  By the way..here's the site I'm on at the moment..

http://www.dogclothes-apparel.com/index.html

and here's the fleece with no underbelly..

http://www.dogclothes-apparel.com/sites ... Green.html

I hope I'm allowed to post these sites???

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
It was in the 50's here this morning and Kane definitely did not think it was fun to go out.  He didn't want to do anything and I felt bad making him stay out til he finished lol.  But we live in the mountains and it's going to get a lot colder and I appreciate the sites you posted ILoveJaxon cuz we're definitely going to be needing them for warmth -- not looks.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I looked at the site and I didn't see any real dogs.  Just a bunch of over grown rodents.   It would be nice to have a hoodie that covered the legs but had a trap door opening for the equipment.   :eek:  
Speaking of mountains, I'm thinking of taking the Ringer to the Appalachians some time soon and will need to cold weather clothing.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
A friend of mine ordered one of these coats for her boxer last year and she says it's the best coat she ever bought. Her boxer is 9 yrs old so he doesn't do well in the cold..stands and shivers when she took him out to go potty but now she can't keep him in the house since she got this coat.  I'm getting one for Chloe this winter because she HATES the cold and it gets brutal here in NY.
Horse Creations

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
We had our first frost Saturday am and I took Kiah to the dog park really early because I had to work.  She and the other four dogs we met up with had a blast.  I thought it might be too cold for her but she was loving it. Glad I brought a blanket for her as the grass was wet due to the frost and I didn't want her to get chilled on the way home.  This week it is going to be back up in the 80's with 60's overnight; crazy weather this time of year here.

I do have a coat for her but I am not ready for the type of weather where she will need it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love both those coats on those sites.  My husband...gotta love him...went shopping today with his dad for "guy stuff".  He came home with a doggie septic tank thing and a new woolrich coat for Jaxon!  He must have read my mind!  We'll see how this new one works out.

Of course his dad thought he was hysterical! lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts