Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about how Felix got into my grandma's apples at her house... and thought about a neat idea for a treat.  He loves rolling apples around and playing with them, but I have read that apple cores (seeds) are not good for dogs.  So-
Get out your apple corer (i'll have to buy one!)
Core an apple and fill it with peanut butter or if you freeze it, yogurt, canned dog food, mashed banana and apple sauce- anything you can stuff a kong with :)
Or just leave it plain if you don't want a mess on the carpet... haha.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Great idea! Edible Kong!  :D

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah loves apple also, I always share mine with her; she would love her own.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
this is  a great idea..why has no one thought this up before? maybe they did and didnt post it...ill pick up a corer this weekend and try it out!

·
Registered
882 Posts
hey this sounds great, not sure if Gaby likes apples, but I will give it a try as well

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
GabysDaddy\";p=\"78982 said:
hey this sounds great, not sure if Gaby likes apples, but I will give it a try as well
I will peel apples and then slice them and coat half the slice in peanut better to give them to Maverick and he really likes it..give it a try to see if she likes apple at all first before making an apple kong.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Donya\";p=\"78984 said:
[quote="GabysDaddy\";p=\"78982":3lstftob]hey this sounds great, not sure if Gaby likes apples, but I will give it a try as well
I will peel apples and then slice them and coat half the slice in peanut better to give them to Maverick and he really likes it..give it a try to see if she likes apple at all first before making an apple kong.[/quote:3lstftob]

Ya I figured next time a have an apple for me to eat I would give her a chunk and see if she likes it or not...sometimes are babies can be fussy :lol:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
well I tried these treats and it sure was a hit especially after Phoenix realized she could eat the apple!
It kept rolling away on her though so she had to bark at it and hit it around a couple times before it would "smarten up" and "behave"

·
Registered
172 Posts
smack83\";p=\"88350 said:
It kept rolling away on her though so she had to bark at it and hit it around a couple times before it would "smarten up" and "behave"
Hahaha!  Ain't it the truth!  Atticus frequently admonishes toys that don't behave!

As for apples, I don't think he actually eats them, but his favorite toy in the yard all summer and fall were the apples that fell in our yard from a neighbor's tree.  Mostly he just threw them around and chased after them though.

AnnA

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats cute, thanks for sharing pics!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
OMG this is a genius idea..love the pics of Pheonix! I just made one for Sadie and I can't wait to give it to her!! She'll love it, I gave her some apple and pb in her kong tonight and she ate it all up, so I'm sure she'll have some fun with her edible kong tomorrow night.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but I saw it, tried it and Ziva LOVED it. I've now been telling anyone who will listen what a great idea it is. Love it! :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
I must greatly thank you for bringing this thread back to life! This is a great idea and I wasn't a member when it was active! I am definitely going to try this as soon as I get home! Cannot wait. I know Kiwi loves apple, but if I could get Diesel doing this I know it would keep her busy for hours! (Kiwi not so much... She takes all of two seconds to make it through anything, including once eating an inedible Nyla bone... -.- only edible toys for her!)

·
Registered
665 Posts
This is a great idea! I'm gunna see if I have a corer. Duke just recently stole an apple and ran outside with it. It was actually hilarious to see him throw it around. Thanks for the idea!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts