Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Yupe continues to surprise me every day. Although I taught him a few basic tricks (sit, food, wanna go potty etc.) seems like he has taught me more tricks than I did him. For instance when he wants to go for a walk he touches his leash with his nose. When he is hungry he touches his bowl. When he is thirsty he touches the water bottle. When I take him out and stop he grabs his leash in his mouth and pulls in forward motion. When I go hit a run with him if he gets tired he pushes against my tigh with his nose. When he wants to go for a run he touches my cell phone (because I always take the cell phone and earplugs to listen to music when I go for a run). When he wants to play he brings his toy to me and puts it on my leg. Is he demon possessed

·
Registered
634 Posts
Welcome. You can find different survey's or lists on the internet for the smartest dog breeds. Boxers are smart and stubborn. If you make learning fun everyone's happy.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
LOL ... well it's a bit more complicated than "Smart" but I dare say ... you won't find Boxers in any top ten smartest dogs list. :)

Biddability ... how many times do I have to say the same thing ... over and over again before the dog get it?? With Boxers ... usually much more than 10??

That said ... your dog sounds uh exceptional??? If you get another Boxer down the road ... I'd not expect to see that performance again??? But ... if you get a boy and your really good ... then maybe it will happen again. But you know ... get a girl ... and most likely not. Whatever you want to do .. is not as much fun as what I want to do ... is how they roll, works for me. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts