Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you may know,  I am the new momma to Fiona.  She is only 3 1/2 months old and she is our first boxer.  We have been lab owners in the past.
My husband has nicknamed her "Butter Bean", because when she sees you and gets all happy, she folds up in a semi-circle.  Her head is almost always back by her nub of a tail.  Is this a common trait for boxers?  It is the cutest thing.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Very common for Boxers.   Many call it the "C" or Kidney bean.  Boxers are very energetic dogs and stay that way for years....the puppy stage can last years!  :D   Most of ours started to out grow the puppy stage around 5 years old.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Both my boxers do it, it's adorable!! Layla wiggles so much she can hardly get to you to greet you. I think that makes boxers so special.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Littlefoot does it all the time. When my husband or I come home it is rather funny to watch because she will run with her butt next to her head and almost be falling over. I love when she "wiggle butts".

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Nothing better than coming home to a kidney beaning, jack hammering, wiggle butt!  :D

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
RileyLayla\";p=\"13399 said:
Both my boxers do it, it's adorable!! Layla wiggles so much she can hardly get to you to greet you. I think that makes boxers so special.
THats how maggie is... she runs and beans and jumps all over...

Jessie beans but not as wildly as maggie... A lot of the time jessie just pounds her front paws on the ground...  its weird! LOL!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Also referred as "pretzeling or sausaging"...Yup, I love seeing that when I come home..Puts a smile on my face every time  :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah too! I love it; plus she leans against me and almost knocks me over.  It is so nice to welcomed home like that.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="kiahsmom\";p=\"13424":1kqaa11i]Kiah too! I love it; plus she leans against me and almost knocks me over.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts