Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
babygirl is oh natural in the ears...and I could never cut her ears I would feel so bad my boys are not even clip(cercumcised i know i didn't spell it right but i hope you get what i mean) I could never cause pain to anything just to make it look a certin way..i would faint or get sick or feel so bad it would ride my concience for ever.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I remember the first time I saw an uncropped boxer.  Thought it was so weird looking.  Now I prefer the look of uncropped ears.  Some dogs look awesome with the cropped ears, but I still prefer uncropped.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I like both ways, but i would never get it done, but i wouldn't cut out the option of rescuing a dog with cropped ears.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Harley's are cropped, but I like them both ways. I am happy with the way they turned out, I thought they were a little short when we got him home, but they are growing with his head. Boxers are beautiful dogs cropped or not!! Here are before and after pics.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I prefer natural but like Kaity said, I wouldn't rule out a rescue with cropped ears.  Love Odin, Harley, and others with their cropped ears, just don't plan to do it if I ever get a puppy.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Tyson is cropped and sophie is natural.  Tyson is my boxer and Sophie is my wifes.

Scott

·
Registered
262 Posts
I like them Natural.

Personally I would never crop a dogs ears.
I am a former Vet Assistant and have assisted with many crops. Its not a very pleasant thing for the dogs.
The ears have a lot of nerve endings in them. When the dog comes out from under the anesthesia it can be somewhat of a painful experience for them initially.
I just hate seeing them uncomfortable when it isn't something that is necessary.

Please don't take offense anyone....I am not condemning anyone for cropping....it just isn't for me.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Both of mine are natural.  Like many have said, I wouldn't put a puppy through the pain of cropping their ears just for looks, but I would still adopt one that already had cropped ears.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Mine are both floppy.  I think it makes them look much more clownish and fun loving, more like a loveable family dog.  IMO cropped ears make a dog look more like a guard dog, more fierce.  I'm not saying that cropped ears mean that they are fierce, just give off that persona.  

I love boxers and would take one in any way shape or form.  I feel it is a personal choice as to the owner's preference of what look they like and wether or not they are able to have it done.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Titan and Rowdys are both floppy.  I think Titan has dumbo ears but they are sooo cute.  I like the way dogs look with cropped ears.  All three of my dogs could go either way but they are all floppy.  I agree with it makes them look fierce, I like the cute look. But their is nothing wrong with cropped I think it is what ever the owner likes best!!

G

·
0 Posts
floppy here...but jetta's have a mind of their own and sometimes "think" they are cropped and stand on their own

1 - 20 of 26 Posts