Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I know if my boy FRITZ has arthritis??He limps some and then stops ,Mostly after he gets up from sleeping,or naps .Does not last long ,and sometimes it is front leg,sometimes it is a back leg.If it keeps up I know it is time to go see vet,doc.But how long should I give it ???I have felt along his legs when he does this,and can"t tell that it is hurting him.....:crutch::crutch:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Hmm OK ... well I'm still not "knowledgeable" on the subject of "medical" ... but I do "understand" that when our companions are in "trouble" ... it's hard to think.

Yes ... you should "See a Vet" ... "Duh" but you can also research the issue so that when you "See a Vet," you will be in a better position to ask questions. :)

So start reading here:

Causes and Management of Arthritis & Other Joint Diseases in Dogs

... not the last word for info ... just a site I "happened" to click on. Inform yourself first and a lot of "pressure" will be off. You'll be in a better postion to advocate for your dog. If the Vet gives you the ... "Where did you get your degree thing???" Use the door ie find another vet, assuming that's an option???

But "right now" your both "under duress" ... and you have "to get a grip" in order to help your dog! :)

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
Its seems way too early to talk about arthritis...5 is prime age for dogs but you never know :/

It usually come with inflamation

The only thing a vet can do to diagnose is take xrays and see if there is anything wrong with the joints

Natural herbs and treatment takes a while to see if its effective

Perhaps a comfier bedding is in order,cant tell much,I don't live with the dog :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts