Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today Aspen graduated from beginner agility, and she was the star student in the class! Our instructor set up the equipment and numbered each station and we had to figure out the best way to run the dogs through the equipment. We're going to start the advanced class in a couple of weeks and also rally obedience because she just loves the classes so much!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yay!! So awesome! I can't wait to hear how things go in the next class! :)

So.. they have beginner and advance? No in between like intermediate?
No intermediate, but our instructor said Aspen will do fine in the advanced class. Is it bad that there's no intermediate?

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
No intermediate, but our instructor said Aspen will do fine in the advanced class. Is it bad that there's no intermediate?
I was just wondering. I'm sure every facility is different. Rocky graduated beginners the first time too.. Which is awesome for both our pups.. Not every team gets to do that!! :clap2:

Then we moved to intermediate class which is for Novice and Open dogs (Running at Novice and Open level in AKC). Our facility does have advanced classes, but they are for people running at the higher and more experienced levels of agility and those who have earned AKC titles in Open and advanced levels... Rocky and I have been training for 1 year and are not ready for the advanced classes yet... We just started trialing in July.. We only have one leg in Novice Standard and JWW with AKC. In NADAC he has one title in Regular and is very close to earning his touch n go title.

Some facilities name their levels of training differently. I know one facility that uses foundations, beginners, intermediate, and then advanced.

I think you will like Rally-O too!! I want to get Rocky involved in that as well, but our current trainer doesn't offer it.. I will be looking into new facilities next spring/summerr

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
yay,another olympian in our midsts \o/

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Way to go Aspen!! Can't wait to hear how your next classes go.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was just wondering. I'm sure every facility is different. Rocky graduated beginners the first time too.. Which is awesome for both our pups.. Not every team gets to do that!! :clap2:

Then we moved to intermediate class which is for Novice and Open dogs (Running at Novice and Open level in AKC). Our facility does have advanced classes, but they are for people running at the higher and more experienced levels of agility and those who have earned AKC titles in Open and advanced levels... Rocky and I have been training for 1 year and are not ready for the advanced classes yet... We just started trialing in July.. We only have one leg in Novice Standard and JWW with AKC. In NADAC he has one title in Regular and is very close to earning his touch n go title.

Some facilities name their levels of training differently. I know one facility that uses foundations, beginners, intermediate, and then advanced.

I think you will like Rally-O too!! I want to get Rocky involved in that as well, but our current trainer doesn't offer it. I will be looking into new facilities next spring/summerr
Our instructor isn't training the dogs for competition, it's just for fun. We don't even have competitions where I live, I'd have to travel to take her to anything, so we're just doing it for something different. I don't think any of the dogs in the class have ever actually competed. I wouldn't mind competing with her, but I live in a small town (12000 people) and this is the only guy who offers agility, so it's the best we can do!

·
Registered
281 Posts
That is awesome!! I just finished beginner obedience with Georgie and she loved it. The facility also offers agility classes (up to competition levels) and I thought of signing us up, but I was sure if boxers would be good for it. But, as long as she has fun, I think it'll be great!! :)

·
Registered
690 Posts
That's awesome!! Nikki is in her second session now too. There's 3 in a class and the instructor does it based in each dogs level. It's also just for fun. She's so good in class. We have so much fun going.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts