3,201 Posts
Aspen's BIO

Name: Aspen

Nicknames: Baby girl, Aspirin, Miss Tootie Tooterson, Lovely

Favorite Toy: Bones and peanut butter stuffed kongs

Favorite Treat: Peanut butter

Favorite Activity: Biking, she loves that she can run full out

Favorite Pasttime: Doing anything active outside, and then sleeping hard

How did you select your boxer: A friend called me about a year ago and said that she knew some people who had a deaf 8 month old boxer who needed out of the situation. Her owners had only ever taken her on one walk in all the time they had her, they were abusive towards her, she was totally wild and out of contol and afraid of everything due to a lack of socialization with people and dogs. My friend was sure that if she found a good home for the dog, she could probably convince the owners to give her up. Although this wasn't the best sales pitch I've ever heard, Aspen moved in with me the next day. That was the start of a total transformation to both of our lives. With Aspen being so reactive with everything in the outside world I had to set my alarm and get up at 1 am to walk her when there weren't so many people and cars outside. One year and 80 hrs of formal obedience classes later, Aspen is a totally different dog and is happy and calm in most situations, and she is constantly having strangers comment on how well behaved she is. I started a dog walking company so she could be with me most of the time and her job is to carry all the dog related gear needed for the day. She wears a backpack with bottles of water, poop bags, treats and water bowls. She's the best business partner I could have asked for!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
:clap2: Yay Aspen!! Congrats!! :)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Wooohooo!! Way to go Aspen, you are such a gorgeous girl.

Congratulations, and I couldn't think of a better boxer to ring in 2012. :)

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
YAY Aspen!! You go gurl...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yeah Aspen!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts