Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been a horrible day.  My boyfriend is spending the week at his dad's house and has Astro with him.  Well, this morning his dad was walking Astro and he heard a noise and freaked out.  He slipped his head out of his collar and took off running.  He did end up back at the house, sitting on the porch in front of the door.  The next door neighbors saw and tried to help and check him, but when they went to get him he ran away again.  This happened around 9:30 this morning.  My boyfriend called me and woke me up and told me what happened and I took Roxy and went straight to his house to help look for him.  My boyfriend had to go to work, but his dad, his brother, and I were out all morning looking for him.  His brother did spot him in the woods around 11:00am,, while his dad, Roxy, and I were on the other side of the woods.  We heard his brother calling him, but as soon as Astro spotted my boyfriend's brother he took off again.  I don't know why he is running from people.  I know if he spotted Roxy he will come to her so I've been walking around all morning with her looking, but as of right now he is no where to be found.  I don't know what to do.  I'm panicing now.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
call the police !!! tell them what he looks like and what happend..they have cars all over..if one sees him they will call right away...its atleast more eyes to help...also the dog officer?..

i had that happen with my american bully back in mass about once a month lol..and we always found him that way..small town so we all knew eachother but that doesnt matter...

police can be a big help...way more people looking and hes a pup too...so they will feel badly ...

i hope hope hope this helps and you find him...wish i was there to help ya..i knwo the feeling..:(

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
does he like squeak toys? if so go back and squeak it all over there...call him ,,he'll hear your voice..hes probably scared and doesnt want anyone but you and your bf...

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We did contact the police already.  The police station is right down the street from my boyfriend's dad's house.  They are keeping an eye for him.  I also have him microchipped with HomeAgain, so I contacted them and reported him missing.  They contact all the local vets, shelters, and rescues within 25 miles of the town he got lost in.

Unfortunately he doesn't have any squeaky toys.  My babies aren't allowed to have them because they eat the sqeaker.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Ekim and I will be praying for his safe return.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about Astro.  Maybe you could leave his bowl with some food and water near the woods.
Here's some helful info on Lost Dog Posters, etc: Lost a Pet
We are keeping our fingers and paws crossed that Astro comes home soon.
Also...I just recently heard that if you do spot your dog, instead of yelling their name, which often scares them and makes them run, try sitting down and crying.  I know it sounds silly, but I have heard this has worked.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Watch the tone of your voice when you call him. Your panic could sound like anger to some dogs, and cause them to run. Be sure to call to astro in a sing-song type of voice. Very happy sounding. And take treats! Say Astro, look here, and hold your hand out, so he can see that you're holding something. Bribery works wonders.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I hope you find him soon; sounds like you have done all the right things to find him.  Hopefully he will head back to you bf dad's house since he was there before.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I lost one of my afghans way back when and looked for her all day and night, I was going to go to bed about midnight and decided to get in the car and look one more time.  I took a bag of treats and knew she would be hard to catch even if I found her (I'd only had her less than a week).  When I turned the corner just down from my house, there she was walking down the middle of the road.  I opened the door and let her see the food and she came right up to the car and jumped in.  

Even if Astro's scared he will probably stay close to home (they have such a keen nose that I think he will probably find his way home or be very close by.  You've done all you can do with the police and animal control - so I'd just stay close to home and your bf's dad's house and watch and wait for him to come home.  Of course praying won't hurt either - I did alot of that.  We'll all say a prayer for Astro's safe return.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
YES YES THE CRYING THING !!! that would work on Onyx is a second..oops not Isis ..lol..shes deaf  

i totally agree witht he sing songy also..acting goofy and silly ..

i hope you find him soon..jeez i know how worried you are...crossing our fingers for you

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'm so sorry....I can't even imagine the panic you are feeling. I'm hoping and praying for a quick and safe return.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My Bo used to "RUN" when he got the erge mostly in the spring and fall for some reason.  He would not come no matter how much we called him.  We would see him and then call him he would take off again.  I dont know why he just did, well we looked and looked and gave up for a while, he always came back and he always came to the porch and just sat there until we noticed him.  It was like he wanted to be by himself to explore, always went to the woods, when he got tired he would come back.  Sometimes he was gone for half a day.  Leave some food out on the porch and hopefully he will come back soon.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this! I would have said bring treats or food as well...is there something he normally goes crazy for?? Like PB or the sound of his food in a bowl? Good luck! We are sending happy thoughts your way.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I hate to hear that....Everyone has already given you great ideas along with what you have already done.  I would make some flyers, and put on there that if they see him not to try and catch him but to call you ASAP...He is probably scared and will run out of the sense of being scared....Leave some food out at the dad's house for sure and hopefully when he gets hungry he will come home....

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
No news yet? I am so sorry to hear that Astro did a "runner". Hoping he gets found really soon.....COME HOME ASTRO!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Hoping he's home soon safe and sound, nothing to add to the excellent ideas posted. Love the sit down and cry idea! Just wanted you to know I'm sending "get home soon Astro" vibes your way.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts