Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I left a closed styrofoam container on the counter and went upstairs to eat. I had picked some green onion off the top of my rice and left it in the container (it was just sprinkled on top so it wasn't too much). One of the cats must have knocked it off the counter and Willow got into it. I came downstairs and the container was destroyed and she had eaten the green onion pieces.
What should I do? I know they are toxic, but since it was only a little bit should I wait and see? Does it depend on quantity or can a little bit do a lot of damage?
I'm keeping a close eye right now (it was about 15mins ago this happened). Emergency vet is extremely expensive so I'm debating what to do, help!! Will obviously go there if I need to!
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Glad to hear she is ok. I think if its a small amount like you said they will be fine, maybe a bit of loose stool but if they act weird, or lethargic then vet is needed. sounds like she will be fine.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes she's been totally fine, not even any loose stool. And she's been her normal self. Good thing it was only a little bit!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You can induce vomiting in dogs with some hydrogen peroxide. You would need to do it within a certain time limit of ingestion. Also it goes by weight of dog. You can ask your vet about it for details. Just in case you need to use it in the future.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Sigh ... freaking Boxers! They just luv doing stupid crap like this! They don't "read manuals" and just do stuff??? Struddell, ate a giant Box of raisins once and I freaked out! I called the vet, and he said if she seems to be OK ... most likely she is?? The vet was right and she was fine.

An angle on their shoulders most likely??? Take her to the vet tomorrow for an opinion??? Most likely (Boxers) all seem to be able to get away with "stupid" at least once??? It's kinda hard to keep up with them at times???

So get her checked out and let us know but mostly she got way with it ... this time and now you know. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sigh ... freaking Boxers! They just luv doing stupid crap like this! They don't "read manuals" and just do stuff??? Struddell, ate a giant Box of raisins once and I freaked out! I called the vet, and he said if she seems to be OK ... most likely she is?? The vet was right and she was fine.

An angle on their shoulders most likely??? Take her to the vet tomorrow for an opinion??? Most likely (Boxers) all seem to be able to get away with "stupid" at least once??? It's kinda hard to keep up with them at times???

So get her checked out and let us know but mostly she got way with it ... this time and now you know. [img= class=inlineimg]http://www.boxerforums.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Didn't see this til now! I didn't take her to the vet, as she seemed completely fine. It's been a few days now and nothing happened, she's been fine. No change in anything, stool has been normal as well as behavior/demeanor, no vomiting whatsoever. PHEW!!! So happy she's ok and that it didn't seem to affect her...this time! I will be a lot more careful about where I leave food (thought it was safe on the counter in a closed container....darn cat!!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts