Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for breeders in Alberta, and there seem to be a handful of breeders that seem to be reputable.

However I would love to hear any of your experiences with breeders in Alberta and make suggestions (and warnings!).

The two that are catching my eye are Erlastyn Kennels (Erlastyn Kennels - Drayton Valley) and Morgan Hill Farms (Home)

If anyone here has purchased a puppy from these breeders I would love to hear your story!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Morgan hill farms is where I got Kona. Shannon, the owner is and has been very supportive since day 1 when we were deciding on a boxer.
She has allowed us to visit mom and dad since the day Kona was born...as many times as we would like. She promptly answered any and all questions when I got Kona home and still continues to keep in contact. Her support with our first boxer has been priceless.
Her daughter Ashley, baby sits Kona from time to time when I have to leave town.
Ashley owns Lookaway Lucy and Lookayay big and rich. Kona has a great time.
Both Shannon and her daughter LOVE their dogs and it shows in everything they do.
She has a litter planned in the fall of Lookaway Honey and duchwar rackansas...konas parents. Both dogs are the most gentle, sweet loving dogs you could ever meet.
You will not be disappointed with a pup from Shannon at Morgan hill farms

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I wish I could help, both of mine came from byb's, so far I've been lucky with their health, but after being here and learning so much I will definately be finding more reputable breeders with any future boxers we get. (And I certainly can't imagine life without boxers in it after life with these 2 lovebugs!!)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Erlastyn Kennel

Hi Everyone!

Just reading the postings and wanted to clear up as to why we are Erlastyn instead of Howlin' Good Times now. The explanation is on the Erlastyn website, that I had a baby and therefore I sold my business - Howlin' Good Times Dog Daycare & Obedience. I now focus on my family and breeding the top english labradors in Canada and very sought out, famous European bloodlines in our boxers. We work our boxers and our male (Alzu) is ready for his BH title!! All our dogs are health certified and we hope to show our European boxers soon also! Please let me know if anyone has any other questions!
Erlastyn Kennels - Drayton Valley

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Just reading the postings and wanted to clear up as to why we are Erlastyn instead of Howlin' Good Times now. The explanation is on the Erlastyn website, that I had a baby and therefore I sold my business - Howlin' Good Times Dog Daycare & Obedience. I now focus on my family and breeding the top english labradors in Canada and very sought out, famous European bloodlines in our boxers. We work our boxers and our male (Alzu) is ready for his BH title!! All our dogs are health certified and we hope to show our European boxers soon also! Please let me know if anyone has any other questions!
Erlastyn Kennels - Drayton Valley

I find this extremely interesting. As I am in Germany I do not understand a few things, can you please help.

What is “limited registration”, and without knowing what it is, why is it done, what is the purpose”? What is co-ownership, and why is it done?

You write that an owner has 48 hours to have the pup vet tested and can be returned if deemed to be unsound. What falls under unsound? How often does this really happen?

You write that you have 100% European Boxers and you follow the FCI standard. What do you mean with 100% European?

You write that you temperament test your pups to encourage them to be confident working dogs that they are. I guess you hand them over to their new owners earliest 8 weeks. What sort of tests do your run them through to encourage them to be confident working dogs at this age?

There is currently a thread running asking why it is so difficult to find a reputable breeder. It would be great if you could join in. I see on your website that you will hand over puppies to responsible owners. I would love to hear your opinion on that, what is a responsible owner and how do you test that.

http://www.boxerforums.com/breeding-info/59577-why-easier-find-car-dealer-than-reputable-breeder.html

Thank you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts