Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Thats what I have been using on Jessie since we got her.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh good I  could not find doggie shampoo at the drug store today so I bought the baby shampoo (figured its gentle)  and I used it so I was hoping I did'nt do something I might regret later.  It was his first bath since we got him.  He is 15 weeks old.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
On the rare occasions we feel up to wrestling Donner into the tub we've used baby shampoo! Gonna try Blitzen in the sink tonight (she's pretty muddy, shows up terrible on the white) and will use Johnsons baby shampoo.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="Suchagirl\";p=\"66373":eek:lpe5116]Oh good I

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
we NEVER buy dog shampoo..we always use baby shampoo and Isis is the queen of being dirty...like crazy insane dirty..and we have RED dirt that stains..and the baby shampoo works awesome !!!

also found another one made by FREEMAN..Papaya & melon tandem 2 in 1

this stuff smells incredible for a week..and its only like 3 bucks..i bought it in a hurry one day when i couldnt find baby shampoo..in the people isle..lol @ people isle...

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Just becareful on human shampoo (even baby).  There are different PH levels in people shampoo than in dog shampoo so you could strip their coat of their natural oils.  I know some people have used human brands and say they work but just wanted to throw it out there about the Ph levels:)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Our breeder actually recommended baby shampoo which I was already using on Ekim due to his allergies. I tried many different shampoos at the pet store and our vet told us to use baby shampoo and Ekim has no more dry itcy skin. I also rub him down with some baby oil. I put a few drops in my hand and I rub my hands together and give him a massage. Wish I were a dog.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
i use wheatgrass dog shampoo, i smells great and does not dry out her skin.

·
Registered
370 Posts
We used Johnson's Baby Shampoo once in a pinch.  I figured it was better than other "people" shampoo because of the ph levels.  It seemed to work just fine, but we did go back to her usual shampoo.  We use Earthbath Aloe and Oatmeal Shampoo because of her allergies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts