Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to toss this out to see if anyone had a suggestion.
Ashley has lost all her puppy teeth with the exception of 2.
Just to the outside of the large canine's ( fangs ..lol ) she has 2 UGLY...SMELLY grey/brown stumps still stuck in the tissue.
I have given her every teething toy I know of..played "tuggie" with her till I thought my arm would fall off, yet those stubborn things still are there.
As of today, the permanent tooth is exposed about 1/4" and the puppy tooth is at the exact angle of the adult one....making me worry that the root wasn't worn off to loosen it. I know it hurts her, because when she chews on her toys, she makes this little cry sound.
Have any of you had to help a pups tooth out by yourselves? I know she would feel, and eat so much better without those awfull things pushing into her gums!! My poor baby!

G

·
0 Posts
maybe take her to the vet and have them pulled?  i really honestly don't know.  someone else on here probably does!

i never even noticed when binga lost all hers.  i have no idea where they all went!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
i agree with taking her to the vet cause i would be worried they are infected.  i never had a problem like that with baby  teeth. poor ashley, hope she starts feelin better soon.. good luck

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Maple is teething too and yesterday she had a tooth in there that was very very wobbly and my husband wanted to help her get rid of it and I didn't let him, it's gone today.  but like you said she's been chewing pretty hard the last few days and ONLY on the harder toys, she's been ignoring her stuffies, and sometimes while chewing she'll whine a little but doesn't stop.  It's not help I know but I hope Ashley's situation resolves, but maybe it would be wise to at least call the vet's office see what they say? good luck :) poor girl....

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
If you are planning to have her spayed then I would wait until that time...It can take a little longer for the teeth to come out and sometimes they will retain the "puppy fangs" and the adult fangs will come in beside them or to the front or back....Most times they have to be pulled under sedation...that is why I say if you are planning on havig her spayed, I would have them pulled while she is already asleep....:)

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Sharon!.
Well I guess I only have ONE to watch now..peeked tonight and the bottom left is all thats left in front of the canine ( fang ). I went and got her an edible Booda ( stinks to high heaven!!) But she worked that bad boy till I guess one came out.
I will keep an eye on the last one, and watch for any tissue changes ( ie: redness, swelling ) and if its not out by the time spaying comes around, I will just have the vet give it a little tug. If it falls out..well.. thank goodnes..what rotten breath they get while teething!!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Awww, poor Ashley, you know that she doesn't feel well with that toothie bothering her..Hopefully a lot of chewing will bring that other one out...

·
Registered
320 Posts
I heard this a while back....

if you take a wash cloth and soak it in water --- give it a good 1 or 2 twists and put it in the freezer.   Once it's good and hard(frozen), it makes a good cold chew toy (for a while).   Once she's worked it over, just wet again, pop back in freezer and you're good to go.  

I did that for Lulu when she was teething.   She seemed to like it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts