Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used to frequent this site, but never posted alot.

You can see our two kids in my sig........My wife Monica and I live in the Dallas Metro area.  We have been married for two years...my wife is a 4th grade teacher, I work in title insurance.  We have no (human) children, but might start trying in another year or so.  

Vegas, our male, is just under 100 lbs, but if you ask him he thinks he is more like 50

Penny, our female, is right at 50 lbs and is a complete bundle of joy.

We frequent the dog park locally and are fortunate that there are alot of other boxer families that go so it looks alot like a boxer reunion most weekends.

Anyways, hello all.....new to the neighboorhood.  :)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome! Take your shoes off and stay a while this time!  :)  Your babies are beautiful!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am searching thru the forums right now looking for some advice on their "allergies"...Vegas doesn't seem to have too many (has had some eye boogers lately but that's it)....Penny on the other hand has always been our problem child.

Chewing at the front paws, Scratching at the ears, ect.....we have tried several foods (Chicken soup....on for a while with no problems but then they developed, Canidae...was great but again scratching developed, Natural Choice allergy, and now on Wellness "fish" blue bag.....but still scratching and licking)  At my wits end......Benedryl doesn't seem to help that much so I am starting to questions if it is allergies at all.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I have the same problem with the paw licking, ear scratching, thing. Maddie was also scratching her chin, but I think I've got that and the ears under control.  :roll:  I've had Maddie on the Canidae for about 5 or 6 months and she did really well, but the paw nibbling and licking has started once again. Today I am starting her on Timberwolf Organics Ocean Blue and I guess I'll see how she does on that. It is very frustrating trying to find a food that works well, and also helps with the allergies.  :wink:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
welcome back:) babies are gorgeous !!!

Isis does the feet chewing..drives us crazy..the noise at 3 am lol..she doesnt really bother with her ears too much but sometimes

good luck in your search...we DO use a Genesis spray that works great for her feet...got sick of switching foods...get the spray at the vet but its not script..

works excellant..comes in cream form too..really helps

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
welcome josh! which dog park do you go to? I am in W. Fort Worth and we used to take our girls to Fort Woof park (i think that is the name :) ) but they are a tad too skittish at this point to continue at the moment. hopefully though in the future we will return back there

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Howdy! :wink:

My sis-in-law used to live in Carrollton, then made the big move to Coppell!

Maybe the foot itching thing is because of something y'all use to clean the floors with?  They make "natural" chemical-free kinds of cleansers.  They have them at Target if you wanna check them out.

Z

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
southerngirls\";p=\"39788 said:
welcome josh! which dog park do you go to?
We go to the one in Plano, On Spring Creek just east of Independence.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts