Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad news about Coco...

She has a birth defect and her right eye never fully developed and she has upwards of an 80% chance of developing Glaucoma and going blind. As of right now her vision is fine and there is no discomfort. We will be keeping watch on her eyes and starting medication to reduce the fluid production and if/when things progress, she will be having a valve and shunt put in her eye to drain the excess fluid and try to save her eyesight.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'm sorry to hear the news about Coco.  :(  Hopefully the fluid will not build up and you won't need to drain it. Extra hugs for Coco today!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Oh, kisses for Coco. I hope she doesn't need to have it drained either. Just curious what were the signs that leaded up to this or did the vet notice something?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So sorry to hear about Coco's eye problems, praying that it doesn't get worse.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Oh  Coco ... hope that the preventitive care helps and it doesn't progress.
Hugs out to Coco.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
im sorry give coco hugs from us over here and I hope this medication works and things dont need to progress further.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Hoping for the best for Coco.

Nano

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh wow, I am so sorry to hear this..Poor Coco..Sending tons of healing vibes and good thoughts your way and lots of hugs as well..Hoping the meds help

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Oh poor baby. Sending you healing energy and hopes it doesn't progress.

Have you contacted the breeder about it? Have they ever dealt with this problem before?

Hugs and kisses to Coco. And hugs to you.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Contacted breeder and they say there have been no other issues, they were sorry I have a "deformed" pup and if i wanted to return her they would give me my money back. Ugh, NOOO!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts