Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Back from Puppy Classes-PIC OVERLOAD!!

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Skyboxers 
#1 ·
I'm so excited!! Sadie is gonna love it!! I am a little nervous because she pees ever time she meets a new person, so I can't imagine all the new people and puppies  8O She's gonna freak out! It will be really good for her to meet and play with all of the pups, I'm sure it'll be a blast. I'll be sure to update tomorrow when I get back, and I'm making hubby come to take pics  :lol: I'm sure they will be amusing.

Wish us luck!  :)

#3 ·
Re: First day of puppy classes tomorrow...

I'm sure she will have a great time and will soon be the head of her class.  Maybe her excitement peeing had more to do with the infection and meds than anything else.  I'm sure you'll all do fine. Have fun and give her a big hug from all of us.

#5 ·
Re: First day of puppy classes tomorrow...

Thanks guys! We leave in about 45mins \:D/  Should be fun.

Donya\";p=\"39835 said:
good luck, where are you taking the puppy classes at? Im sure sadie will be fine and do great.
It's called Pawsitive Rewards. They specialize in puppy training only, and I'm pretty sure they have locations all across Canada.

#8 ·
Re: Back from puppy classes!! PIC OVERLOAD!!

IT was sooo much fun! I can't even write all of the hilarious things that happened, we all had so much fun!

I was a little nervous going in, because Sadie does play a little rough sometimes (as most boxers do!) Sadie was the only boxer, there were a few Goldens, some mutts, and a Noufoundland! But I was nervous for nothing (which is most often times the case ha) Sadie did wonderfully! She was doing all of her normal commands amongst all of the chaos. She had more treats during that class than she's had in her entire life! They make homemade treats at the place where the training was held so we bought some extra for home.

The playtime was hilarious!!! Sadie was really chilled out a fist, she hid under our chair for about 30 secs, she was a bit timid...Once she got a feel for what was going on she was fine... She was actually getting "picked on" by smaller dogs and she was just taking it! haha it was so cute to watch, she was probably thinking WTF is going on? I've learned that she's a more submissive with other dogs....Then the burns came out! Everyone got a kick out of it, she was burning fast around the room for about 2 mins...all the pups were trying to catch her! hahah

Anyway, I could ramble all day about how fun it was for Sadie, me, and hubby but I don't want to bore you all! Can't wait till next week  :D

Here are the pics that turned out, they are kinda blurry because the were moving at very high speeds!  :lol:

Sadie is now out for the count! :lol:

sorry for the length!

Attachments

#14 ·
Great pics, really cute, really funny :D  - did you actually get any training done? :wink:  Voltaire gets so crazy with joy when he's with other dogs i'd be embarrassed to take him - he ignores me completely which wouldn't work for training :oops:

#15 ·
caillou\";p=\"39981 said:
did you actually get any training done? :wink:
You know what, we really didn't do much "training" at all  :lol:...a little bit in between the playing, but mostly just helping the pups get comfortable with each other and getting comfortable with the other pups owners. It's going to be GREAT socialization for her. We did work on getting their attention and try to get them to come to you, in an excited state (during play) It was a little hard to get Sadies attention I have to say. :wink: Those homemade treats helped A LOT!

We did some "be still handling" exercises to help them feel more comfortable during grooming and to calm them down after play. Just basically holding them, and gentle petting. That'll be a good one to work on at home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.