Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feed Allie Solid Gold Wolfking dry food.  I've been feeding it to her for about 6 months now.  n the last 2 months she has developed really bad breath.  Her teeth are fine - I brush them and the vet has checked them previously and said they look great.  It is possible that the food is causing her bad breath?

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Coule be also really bad breath could be a sign of an internal injury.  Also if she is teething then the gums can make a foul smell because they are rotting making way for new teeth.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to take her to the vet for the yearly rabies shot so I'll ask about her breath.  She seems very fine though and she has all her adult teeth now or should since she is 3 years old?

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Yeah at 3 she would have all her teeth!   Also maybe some food stuck in gum line or something.  Best to get it checked out to rule anything or everything out.  Could also be an abcess in the mouth.   In the meantime I know Parsley is a good breath freshner, so maybe cut some up and feed with mealtime.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Toy.  Could it be a toy she is playing with?  A rubber or latex one made in China?  My female had the worst breath once and I asked my holistic vet about it and she said it was a toy.  Took all the toys like that away and her breath was fine.  I'm not sure, but now I wonder if it wasn't some of that crappy lead they have found in the human toys lately.  

Nano

1 - 5 of 5 Posts