Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!  Lola's had some very bad breath lately.  It was so bad last night that I actually had to take her out of my bed and have her sleep in her kennel because I couldn't take it anymore.  :puke:  Just wondering if there's anything I can do to.  I miss the puppy breath :(

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Do you brush her teeth?   Did you feed her anything weird?

I would start dental care.  They make some breath bones with parsley that is supposed to help.  Also monitor it.  If it does not go away, then get it looked at.  Bad breath can be an infection orally, (gums etc) or can be a sign of something internally wrong.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't feed her anything different and I don't brush her teeth, I'll start doing that.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I would just start with dental care.   It sounds corney but if you dont brush teeth, the only othe way to remove plaque is by feeding RMB (Raw Meaty Bones).   So many be get some marrow bones.

Scoop the marrow out since your pup is not used to the richness of the marrow and let her knaw on them.   That cleans teeth and great to keep them occupied.   I get 2 inch thick marrow bones at Hannaford in Kingston.   There are about 12 bones per pack for 3.00.   My dogs love them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts