Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THREE long hours i spent there today :x . I went in to have my roots done - the highlights are medium/light blond on mousey hair. So i ask to have the blond toned down just a little so it's more natural and to make sure it doesn't look too yellow. So she explains she'll add some brown streaks and do honey coloured highlights.
Result is I can't even see a blinkin' highlight and i look GINGER :hang:
And what do i do? I smile politely say "It's great - really nice" and "Thankyou so much" and leave a tip :crazy: . So i'll be buying a crappy home kit in a couple of days trying to fix it myself which will probably end in  :cry: tears. And then i have to do a detour each time i need to go past that hairdressers because they'll notice i've changed it :oops:
Of course i'm moaning here because the husband just says it looks 'fine' and won't share in my grumpiness! He says i do this every time :aua:

·
Registered
880 Posts
I've had some horrible cuts.  I kept telling the girl I went to I was trying to grow it out and phase out my layers.  And she kept making the layers farther and farther apart.  It was horrid.  I feel your pain.  And any kind of coloring is so expensive and now you have to redo it, I'm sorry.   :goodman:   I don't' think that emoticon is appropriate but I've been wanting to put it in somewhere!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't' think that emoticon is appropriate but I've been wanting to put it in somewhere!
- no that's fine i need the comforting!!
I'm just starting to feel that hairdressers have split personality moments where the 'experimental artist' person in them takes over. They're on a mission and there's no getting away from what they've decided :axe:

G

·
0 Posts
why don't you just tell them it looks like crap and demand a redo?  the hairdressers here give you a week to make sure you  like the cut/color/perm.  A month ago I spent 3 hours getting a perm- it fell out the next day...I called and let them know and a week later the redid it...it took...and they threw in a free hair restore system to help with the damage from the perm.  They were really nice about it.   I would, in your shoes go back and be honest about how you feel.

G

·
0 Posts
True, I forgot about that...but still...she is paying for a service, and she should get what she wants...I can't imagine it's THAT different over there.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I love France, I've only been there once.  But it was a culture shock to me.  The women all take lovely care of themselves.  They don't smile at random strangers like we do.  They value there privacy highly.  I wouldn't be surprised if criticizing your regular hairdresser was considered uncouth.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I feel your pain, I did almost the same thing, I wanted my hair lightened a bit so I decided to treat myself and went to a very exclusive hair salon in Houston,  when they were lightning my hair I told them the color lifted really fast but they knew better and I ended up with an  awful yellow straw blond color ( I have medium to dark brown hair), when I saw it I almost cried but thanked them, paid and left a tip too.  My ex freaked when he saw me.  I fixed it before I went back to work the following Monday.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate about saying something if I didnt like it. I usually don't say anything about it at the time but if after a day I don't like it I go back and get it fixed. They did you a service and if you aren't happy with what they did then (IMO) you have the right to have it fixed. But thats me I guess.
If you paid a painter to come into your house and paint your living room and when you got home it was hot pink with neon green pokadots and you didn't like it wouldn't you call them back to come fix it?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
If it makes u feel any better I had my hair butchered the day b4 my senior pictures and had to cancel them.  When i went back to the hair place they couldnt believe how bad it was and called in the women who did it and she got fired.  She thinned out my hair w/ out asking and made it all uneven and did cut some pieces.  The manager said it was the worst hair cut she ever saw and said it would take around 6 months to go back to normal.  So no senior pics for me :( ... now i haven't cut my hair in over a year cuz i am growing it out for locks of love

G

·
0 Posts
I got a botched haircut ONE time.  The only way to describe the way it looked is to picture Prince Valiant or something without the bangs.  If you don't know who that is do a google search.  Its bad   :(

I had to get it cut REALLY short to fix it.  They shaved the back of my neck  8O    When all was said and done it looked ok.  It was longer in the front and was stacked in the back.  But never that short again for me!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
haha this happened to me kinda...i had LONG hair id been growing out for a long time. I had it almost down the middle of my back. i asked her to trim 3 inches off my hair to take off split ends etc. I am about 5'9 and she was about 4'9 so she asked me to move to a different seat there was no mirror infront of it to cut the hair. I asked for a few layers but the longest one must still be around that time. by the time i sat back in front of the mirror i had shoulder length hair, no layers, and she had made a little poof on top of my head so i looked like a peacock. ...when i looked back at her i realized i had the EXACT haircut and style as she had...i thanked her..paid and tipped...then went home and cried and the bf and sister were like 8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O
They pretended to like it but a couple days later he said "now youve been adventurous let's not do this again shall we?"

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
GabysDaddy\";p=\"89716 said:
I always get the same cut....the buzz cut, easy to do, and impossible to screw up :lol: ...well, unless they miss a spot :lol:
lol my husband is the same way. I do it for him, with the #3 length thingy he's got for his shaver. Except...once he didn't put it on when he gave me the shaver...and I totally shaved a long strip going up the back of his head almost bald before I realized that it wasn't right.
I still remember how I felt when I did that. Like oh crap, I'm in big trouble. mouth dropped to the floor. then I started laughing hysterically, and I couldn't stop laughing for like 10 minutes. I had tears coming from my eyes, and I thought I was going to pee my pants I was laughing so hard.
boy he was mad at me. lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts