Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My youngest boxer T-bone has bald spots all over him anda red rash under his chin. The vet says its allergies but the medicine he gave does not help. any help on what this could be would be very appreciated.:clap:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,565 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,031 Posts
I would get a skin scraping done first prior to trying anything else. Could be demodex mange and its important to rule that out before trying to treat him for allergies.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies tried to post a photo but my computer is acting up. I will talk to his vet if he won't do it I'll just have to change vets. I'll also look into the licorice root. Thanks again. :)

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
You're welcome. I always encourage people to do your own research...read up on anything I suggest and make your own decisions. Never rely only on what a person may tell you :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update on T-bone

We went to a new vet yesterday and T-Bone has demodex mange or red mange. :cry2: The vet gave us some meds called Ivomec to give him but the last dose of 1.2 cc wories me he is only 65lbs wouldn't that kill him? he orginall wrote down .65cc then he changed it I wonder if he was just confused. If anyone knows about the dosage or the meds any help or suggestions would e greatly appreciated. thanks.:discuss:

·
Registered
12 Posts
We went to a new vet yesterday and T-Bone has demodex mange or red mange. :cry2: The vet gave us some meds called Ivomec to give him but the last dose of 1.2 cc wories me he is only 65lbs wouldn't that kill him? he orginall wrote down .65cc then he changed it I wonder if he was just confused. If anyone knows about the dosage or the meds any help or suggestions would e greatly appreciated. thanks.:discuss:
Hi There,

Our Bella was diagnosed w/Mange when she was 5 months old. She has now been on Ivomectin for almost 3 months and has had 2 negative scrapings, they typically want 3 negatives before taking them off the meds. My Bella is 8 months old, and is 40lbs, she is and has been on a dose of .95, so your dosage sounds pretty accurate for T-Bones weight. Bella's hair is fully grown back now and is due back at the vet one more time before we stop the Ivomectin. One thing I would advise is to ask your vet for meds to help with diarrhea, he will most likely get it while on the Ivomec, we just recently got meds for that and Bella seems to be fine now w/her "runs" issues. We also bought shampoo for her from Amazon, try it...it def helps!!! It's called, Earth Born Tee Tree oil...

He'll be fine, we were so worried that Bella's hair was not going to grow back...but she's good as new again! Give it a chance :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts