Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crazyeye:    How do you get 3 dogs to quit barking when some one comes to the door or comes in? Gisselle and Nash didn't do it so much untill Clyde (mastiff mix) came home with me, he came here with the bad habitt. We do obedience traing with all three but we just can't get the barkinh undercontroll. The Mastiff x barks when he is in his Kennel to. I thought about an anti bark collar, but NOT the shocking kind. I was thinking about the kind that lets off an utra sonic sound or a mist. Any one else have an idea? I  get embarrased when people come over. :oops:

G

·
0 Posts
I dont know of any but would like to know. My pit is the oly on inside that barks. and Preston wants to bark when he is outside. My thought was a no bark collar for a short time just to learn..

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Angel always takes the lead when it comes to barking, but as soon as someone comes in the house or they know who it is, they both stop..I'm not big on using collars to corrrect a behavior, I would prefer using other methods. Sounds like you need to work with Clyde on changing the behavior..I use "shhhh" with mine, or uhuh. then I point the finger, generally that will stop it..Have treats handy to reward all of them as they are feeding off of each other in that regard...

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I hear ya, Jessica! Tink is more of the trouble maker of the two. Sometimes, she wont even wait for a reason to bark, she will actually stare at me and bark, I know she doesn't need anything cause i only let her out every hour on the hour! I then have to get her into a sit beside me and tell her to be quiet, it kinda works, but the second you let her go, she goes back to it. Shes a talker!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts