Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my 6 month old boxer barks has started barking all night in her crate.  She never used to bark, this just started about 3 weeks ago.  For the first 2 1/2 weeks we got up each time to lt her out thinking she had to go potty, but she never went.  She would just stand by the door to be let back in.  For the past few nights we have just let her bark and she doesn't stop.  My husband thinks maybe our 22 month old male is teasing her, he is not crated, but I don't think so.  He doens't bark at night.  I have been told to use a bark collar and wanted to see if anyone has used one and whether it's useful or mean.  Any advise will help!  Thank you!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Don't know what a bark collar is so can't comment about that.  Where is the crate located, you might want to move it in your room where she can see you or put an old t-shirt with your smell on it in the crate with her; she may just be a bit lonely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, the crate is in the kitchen where our other boxer is.  I think she wants to get out, but when I did let her out, she scratched and clawed the walls.  I will try the old shirt.  Thanks.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I use one on Milo only because he barks if a leaf blows the wrong way. I wouldn't use it while they're in their kennel though. We only put the one we have on Milo if he barks consistantly outside or out the front window.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts