Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please please help ive got 2 boxers, 1 girl 3, and 1 boy 5 yrs old.....
my neighbours have complained about there constant barking all the time, when i leave the house, go to work, go out for an evening, i actually left them today and recorded it on my phone when i left and they barked/ whined constantly until i got back, im at my wits end and so are my neighbours, if anybody can give me any advice i would be very grateful! :cry:

thankyou
Lois

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
How much exercise are they getting before you leave? I would take them for a good hours hard play and then see if that will quiet them down. Also are they crated or do they free roam your house? Is this a new behaviour from them or have they always done it?

Some ppl will leave the TV on as well so they dogs think that someone is still home. As a last resort I would look into antibark vibration or citronella spray collars and see if that will help stop the behaviour.

·
Registered
265 Posts
We bought the little $9 bark off unit (Walmart, or wherever really) for Zoe when I was living in an apartment. It actually worked for her, she learned that barking made the unit put out an icky noise (that only she could hear) and she stopped barking as much because of it. My roommate at the time said that Zoe would still whine very quietly at times -- my guess is she figured out what frequencies the unit would actually pick up ;).

Hope this helps...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts