Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lance, my 8 year old Beardie looks like he might be crossing the bridge any day.

Since waking from brumation he hasn't been himself. He is my special guy and can't eat normally. We feed him baby food through a syringe since about 5 years ago when we discovered he had only a few teeth. He has been having constant spazzes and his tail and beard are constantly black. He did manage to eat today but he is looking bad. I currently am sitting on the ledge of the tub watching him lay in shallow water to try to hydrate him. There isn't much more I can do for him considering his age and his special needs.

He is our first beardie and has a very special place in our hearts. Please say a prayer for him to go peacefully when he is ready.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
499 Posts
My heart goes out to you. It is a hard thing watching them slip away. You are making him comfortable and you are there by his side. He wouldn't ask more of you. Praying for a peaceful and painless crossing when the time comes. Hugs for both of you.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
aww poor Lance; I feel for ya. I too hope he passes peacefully and pain free when the time comes. You are doing everything you can to make his days as comfortable as possible. HUGS

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Its so very hard to see ur beloved pets slip away. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Lance

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is with a heavy heart that I have to announce the passing of our beloved Bearded Dragon Lance.

Lance opened my heart to these scaley pets over five years ago and I thank each day he was with us. I will miss his scratching on the tiles, the climbing of his screen door. Most of all I will miss his cuddle time in his "beardie burrito".

Rest in peace my lizard friend. Enjoy your time at the bridge.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Rest in peace Lance.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
So sorry about Lance. I have a 23 year-old Conure (bird) and I dread the day that this happens. You can love a reptile or bird as much as a dog. All living things can be loved. Is 8 an advanced age for a Bearded Dragon?

I hope Lance is at the Bridge and that you find peace at this time.

Deb

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The average life span is 8-10 years for a Beardie. Considering his disability he lived a lot longer than the vet ever thought he would. We would have done it all over again if needed.

·
Super Moderator
6,981 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss. Rip Lance

My brother has a 12 yr old bearded dragon named Steve. He has such a great personality, loves or hates my one female Mya. I think he likes her. They attack one another through the glass, he doesn't do it with anyone but her. Tries so hard to get her attention too.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Beardies are a special kind of reptile, they remind me of dogs with their personalities. Im sorry for your loss, RIP Lance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts