Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:roll:

Hello:

I am new here. I am trying to get the word out about a male boxer my husband found roaming at a fuel station in Boutte, LA last night. He is neutered, and huge in size. He was wearing a choke collar but no tags. I have tried to reach LA Boxer rescue, but may have to wait for a return call for a couple of days. Does anyone know of someone who is missing this dog.?Boutte is in south Louisiana, close to New Orleans. Someone loved this dog. He is in great shape, clean, and appears well cared for. We do large/giant breed rescue/foster locally but are tapped out at this point.  He is being kenneled here with us until he can integrate, maybe later tonight or tommorow. Our rescues are free roaming within our large fenced yard, and may come inside through the "jump" door as they please. This boxer is not showing any cage aggression towards the others, and is easily handled by my husband and myself (cautiously of course) as we just took him in. I notified the local shelters with no return call today.

If anyone hears of anyone missing this beautiful dog, please email me at [email protected]

This dog has identifiable marks that only the true owner would know.

Thank you..

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Re: Beautiful huge male brindled Boxer found in Boutte, Loui

Can he be checked for a micro chip? Good Luck, WTG for taking him in. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

He will be scanned tommorow at the local shelter here. Thanks for your good wishes. I will post pics in a couple of days if his owner cannot be found. My kitty knocked my scanner off my desk and broke it, so I will have to get my brother in law to scan and email to me, then I can post pics.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts

Thanks for taking care of someone's baby.  Hope you find the owners soon.  You're doing someone a great service.  Thanks!!!

·
Registered
496 Posts

Yes pics would be more helpful. Good luck finding his home though.
Samantha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I went today and had him scanned at the shelter, and the vet just to be doubly sure. I put up posters in the store where he was found in the parking lot, the shelter, the only vet out here, and the high school. I was disappointed that Walmart would not allow me to put up a found poster. They said they discontinued their community Board. I will be writing a letter to administration at Walmart.. Every person that lives in this area goes to the same Walmart because there is only one. We are way out in the swamps. I put a free three day found pet ad in our local newspaper and local newspaper forum. I even stopped at a few houses where I was told people had Boxers. One woman was so vicious because I knocked on her door even though someone told me that she had a boxer. This woman's purse was sitting on her car in the yard wide open, and when I told her that, and that I was looking for this Boxers owner and that her purse was out in the yard, all she could manage to say to me is "I hate dogs", and as I turned to walk away, she ran out in her bathrobe and grabbed her purse. Wicked woman.................Thank you for your well wishes. I will get pics out in a few days. We already have this big boy integrated with our free roaming large/giants of all breeds. He is a sweetie, loves to kiss and play, loves other dogs, and loves to go for rides in the car. I carted him all over with me today putting up posters  hoping someone would see him. Not many people live out here, so I am still hopeful we will find his mom and dad. I have been calling him Buddy, and he seems to like it. He walks well on a leash, and sits very politely in the car while riding or sitting waiting for me to come out of the store...He is a joy. The vet seems to think he is about 6 years old or so. She was amazed at the size of him. He is HUGE...and what a lover..I will keep you posted...

·
Registered
2,937 Posts

Wow... you're doing such a great thing! Good luck and hopefully you find the owner... my hubby's been out that way but I never have. We don't know of any boxer owners in that area either... I have a neighbor up the street that deals with boxers and boxer rescues around the gulf coast I'll see if maybe they know of someone who is missing their boxer.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts

I know that the woman who ran LA Boxer Rescue recently passed away, and all her Boxers had to be re-homed..That could be why you haven't gotten any response back from them.....Hoping that This guy's owners turn up, he sounds like an awesome guy....Thank you for taking him in for the time being....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

We found the Boxers owner last night... 'what a fabulous reunion. The boxers name turned out to be "Deuce" He was so glad to be going home, he flew into the car...lol.. The luling shelter alerted the man that I had found a Boxer when he called them.
what a great day. It is not often that we find the owners.
this guy took great care of his dog, he was georgous.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts

this is the best kind of ending! i am so very happy to hear that you were able to find his owners!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts

Wonderful news, I am sure they were so happy that you took such good care of him for them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts