Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there- I found this website while trying to get some advice from other boxer owners on the "typical" size of boxers (mine is running a little on the small side). I have to say- I LOVE this site... The pictures are so adorable.

Anyway, enough about me and how I feel:

Here's Beaux.
6 Month old Male Flashy Brindle.
Spastic as all hell.
Sweet as can be.
REALLY smart.

I think this story best describes him...

I went grocery shopping with my boyfriend the other day, and we locked him in the bathroom (he still has "accidents" every once in a while). I came home 30 minutes later, to find  Beaux on his hind legs with his head under the faucet in the bathtub, which is turned on (the cold side, not the hot one, even though the cold faucet is further away) just enough so that he could drink out of it. Apparently water in his bowl just isn't good enough for him!  :lol:  I yell at him for turning it on and make an unhappy face at him....He gets then down, runs up to me with his nub wagging, and licks my face with his cold tongue until I fall over laughing. He then lays down on my chest and snuggles up to my neck.

This is a typical day in the life of Beaux.

I love my dog like he's my child... I think that's pretty typical of boxer owners though. God knows how much money I am going to spend dog proofing my boyfriend's house though!  :D

Anyway, nice to meet you guys!

Love,

Emrie and Beaux

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He has a crate at home. He is very well behaved actually. We now have a guard on the faucets to keep them from being turned on.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Oh, I am totally not saying he is not behaved at all - just saying crate may help with not only safety but his occasional accidents!!   :wink:

Also look at the sticky for bell training!  Many people find it very helpful with potty training!!

Again, welcome to the forum!   :lol:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
:-h Welcome to you and Beaux!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He sits down, stares at me, and barks twice when he needs to potty. He only has accidents when he is in new places. and I am not around.

I've got him trained on pretty much everything- only thing I need to train him on, is not to touch faucets or over-drink himself.

If there is a sticky on separation anxiety, I'd be really interested in reading it though. I can't leave a room without my shadow following me.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tootsie\";p=\"75865 said:
:-h Welcome to you and Beaux!
Thanks Tootsie!

I love your avatar.

The "woo woo's" are sooooo cute. Beaux woo woo's anytime I get him a new toy, or my boyfriend "wrestles" with him.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Beaux is a cutie..Check out the behavior section regarding SA, it is very common in Boxers

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
samsonsmom\";p=\"75874 said:
Welcome to the forum, Beaux is a cutie..Check out the behavior section regarding SA, it is very common in Boxers
Thank you! We've been trying to mellow him out a little... I've tried leaving him for a couple of hours with my parents (who he LOVES) and my boyfriend, who he sees as "daddy". He's still all over the road though. Some days he's fine, and some days he'll pace back and forth until I get home.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Welcome from California!!  You will love it here there is so much information and help!!  AndBeaux is handsome!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to you and Beaux, he is a cutie.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
just to let you know... all boxers are spastic! LOL!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JessiesMom\";p=\"75955 said:
just to let you know... all boxers are spastic! LOL!
Hahahaha. I've noticed! He has two boxer friends he likes to play with at the dog park (my dog is a snob- he won't play with long haired dogs for whatever reason)... They're the three cutest clowning spazzes I have ever seen!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Welcome from Texas! Beau is a handsome boy!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts