Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We picked Izzie up on Saturday.  She was a little saint in the car, but when she met Beckham (on neutral ground at a coworker's house) she was snippy and growling.  We were a little nervous, but on the ride home while both dogs were sleeping (Izzie in my lap), Morgan and I had a good talk about how Izzie needs discipline and needs to follow OUR rules.  We also recognize that sometmies Beckham is lacking in the dog manners department (ie. jumping in another dog's face before introduction sniffs).  We knew Izzie was traumatized from a long day, but we were going to stay firm and give her rules that she had to follow.

By the end of the evening, Izzie did 1 80, and was playing with Beckham and evening turning over on her back submissively with him!  It was amazing, and we are so happy!  Now they play and sleep together and, well, I think the pictures speak for themselves.  Once in a while Beckham plays a little to rough, but she let's our a small bark at him and he stops.  Their introduction was a little rough, but Izzie and Beckham LOVE other now!  She's definitely a mother hen, but Beckham stands up for himself too; most importantly, she listens when we correct her; she knows we run the show. :)  We are working on the little barking she DOES do, and seems to be transitioning well to crate-training (she has been crated befoer, but not by the last foster mom).

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.  Here are some pictures!

her ears aren't docked, they just do this when she wants a treat.

playing!

sharing treats!

soooo happy to have a playmate :)

cute!

aw all tuckered out!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
hahhahaha that smiling pic is a riot ! thats cute..im glad Becks has someone to play with..they will be best buddies !!! whoo hoo and you all gave a rescue a home too :D

cant wait to hear more im sure there will be funny antics everyday lol

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Yay!! That's sooo great that they are getting along!! Great pics! I love the third pic too!

Almost reminds me of Nikki and Odin... but Nikki only liked him while she was in heat! LOL

Great job getting a rescue and for getting Becks a buddy!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
They look so happy together, I just love the 2nd to last picture iwth his head above hers.  so happy to hear it is working out well.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
They do look happy together!  :D  Love the pics! I don't know why, but Izzie looks big to me for a min pin.  :roll:  Happy to hear they are getting along so well.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
great pics! they are so incredibly cute together. kudos to you for rescuing izzie!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Shes a cutie and its great theyre getting along so well! Looks like you and i picked up little sisters for our other dog around the same time. Is Izzie full min pin though?? She looks like she might be mixed. Whatever she is, shes adorable! Congrats!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
OH I'm soo happy for you! I'm glad to hear they are getting along now. I'm sure you must have been worried when they first met, but I'm happy to hear that things are all worked out between them. I absolutely LOVE the pics! The last two are my favs and Beckham looks like he's in LOVE with his sister!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh my gosh, I loved those pics! Especially the last 2...When I started reading, I thought "oh no, it's not going to work", but as I kept going, sure enuf things changed. So glad that Izzie is adapting and it will be good for Becks to have a play mate as well..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts